Adding H1,H2... tags to styles

Can I confirm the correct way to produce styles using H1, H2, H3 tags etc.

When I create a style then add a H1 tag, it always displays in a browser as bold. Is there a way of displaying H1 in plain un-emboldened text?

Also should only paragraph headings use H1, H2, H3… etc tags leaving the paragraph following with a P tag?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

In the main Styles window click the Extended button for your H tag
and add this attribute:

Name: font-weight
Value: normal

H tags by default are bold so you’ll always need to remove them
manually. Yes, typically headings and such (like logos) are what
normally get h tags, paragraphs do not. This way search engines know
that any content immediately following the tag is of greater
importance and it’s also semantically correct.

Todd

On Nov 13, 2007, at 5:36 AM, dwn wrote:

Can I confirm the correct way to produce styles using H1, H2, H3
tags etc.

When I create a style then add a H1 tag, it always displays in a
browser as bold. Is there a way of displaying H1 in plain un-
emboldened text?

Also should only paragraph headings use H1, H2, H3… etc tags
leaving the paragraph following with a P tag?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

You could also create a new tag style that targets all “h” tags then
set the font-weight to normal once instead of on a per style basis.
Not really much of a timesaver but another option.

Todd

On Nov 13, 2007, at 7:57 AM, Todd wrote:

H tags by default are bold so you’ll always need to remove them
manually.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

So should you have a whole paragraph with a H tag?

Or as you say, this is giving relevance to the following paragraph.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

No. Or at least I would not. If your paragraph is prefaced by a
heading of some kind then apply the h tag to that only then style the
paragraph as needed, no h tag.

Todd

On Nov 13, 2007, at 9:19 AM, dwn wrote:

So should you have a whole paragraph with a H tag?

Or as you say, this is giving relevance to the following paragraph.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

[I’m sending this once more because once again it made it to the web forum but not to my inbox. If the email subscribers are getting this again…sorry.]

No. Or at least I would not. If your paragraph is prefaced by a
heading of some kind then apply the h tag to that only then style the
paragraph as needed, no h tag.

Todd

On Nov 13, 2007, at 9:19 AM, dwn wrote:

So should you have a whole paragraph with a H tag?

Or as you say, this is giving relevance to the following paragraph.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The H stands for HEADER. So the whole paragraph (from return to
return) is either a header or not.

A header “paragraph” is often followed by an ordinary paragraph (p
tags). Usually headers and ordinary paragraphs (p tags) don’t mix.
Think of headers like titles for the content that follows – like the
title of an article.

Search engines and other non-visual readers use the H tags to order
content logically and make sense of it, regardless of visual cues.

dwn wrote:

So should you have a whole paragraph with a H tag?

Or as you say, this is giving relevance to the following paragraph.


Ernie Simpson – Freeway 4 Pro User – http://www.thebigerns.com/freeway/


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options