Alternative Desktop Web Design Roundup Collaboration

I’ve been experimenting with various programs and am leaning towards Pinegrow, so far. It opens all my FW sites (and others) via their html files, and they work and restructure responsively, as intended. They just came out with a new version 2.93 and CMS feature for end-user (client) editing of text and images:

http://docs.pinegrow.com/editing/pinegrow-cms-for-static-html-websites

2 things important to me are: being able to open html files properly, so I don’t have to recreate my FW sites, and code editing panes. There are a couple of other items I have on my wish list, as well.

I poked around Flux 6 last night. It also opens html files and allows for code editing, but I don’t care for the interface. I may explore it some more though.

I like Coffee Cup’s RSD interface, but it doesn’t open FW/html files, nor do they expect to offer it. They may add a code editing feature in the future. Have not checked out Foundation Framer yet.

Muse looks interesting and I already use the CC suite, so I have it by default, but it lacks editing capabilities and the ability to open html files.

In addition to its html mark-up and extend panes, I always wished that Freeway Pro had a code editing side panel option. I think it would have added to its professional credibility. Just sayin’.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: