Alternative Desktop Web Design Roundup Collaboration

Hi Barry,

Dave put it best, as there is a divide on those who don’t mind paying never ending fees for something on a subscription plan, vs the desktop one time license.

If one wanted to open the door to any possible alternatives there are seemingly endless numbers of virtual web design sites to also add to the list - some paid and some not - where one can build a website. Wix, Weebly, SquareSpace and beyond! Most are simpler/less featured though.

My focus on desktop web publishing software was hoping for apples to apples alternative/comparisons to Freeway. But - Feel free to expand the spreadsheet to add any alternatives you like in new categories or sections - that’s why it’s collaborative!

Personally, I don’t generate or operate enough websites to justify a monthly bill for occasional use. I’ve stopped buying anything Adobe beyond Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 6 due their their scheme. I will keep a dedicated machine for those programs (and this machine could also work well with Freeway!) until such time as their replacements come along. Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo and Capture One are filling the gap nicely right now.

YMMV

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: