anchor issues

David,

Using your suggested code makes the link to the anchor now work in Safari as well as Chrome and Firefox, though across browsers it does not fix the problem of the anchor appearing behind rather than below the fixed header. The “Terra” link now uses the code you suggested if you want to check out how it works.

Concerning stripping out the .html. I am interpreting this to mean that you were referring to the code in my .htaccess file to hide the .html (suggested in Caleb Grove’s blog post on .hta access files)

So I tried removing this item from my .htaccess file using Cyberduck to edit the file. Strange thing was that I then got 404 errors on the “Terra’s Writings” and “More Writings” pages but no others. To check whether the link was wrong or the page name was wrong, I also typed in the URL for each page based on what showed in the FW Inspector window for each page and also got the 404 error.

Felt like I was playing with fire messing with the .htaccess file without enough understanding. So I put the html hiding code back in and the 404 error disappeared.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: