Any way to add a css class to a Showcase image?

I fear I know the answer to this, but what the heck… Does anyone know if it’s possible to add a css class to an individual Showcase image? Or even to all the images in a Showcase gallery? Specifically I’d like to add a class to the tag for use in the lovely Fresco lightbox. Thanks!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Never mind. Just saw that I have to add more than a class to make Fresco work. Probably too complicated.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Not really very sure why you want to do this when Showcase has its own Lightbox effect.

If you just want the Fresco Lightbox effects then just build an image grid in FW and add the Fresco Class to links to the larger images.

Easiest way to do this would be to upload the larger versions of each image to a folder on your server and use the External link option when linking from the smaller images. You can add the Class etc. in the Extended section of the Links dialogue box.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks, Dave. Yeah, I could build it from scratch, but in this case I have some galleries already set up in Showcase and was looking for an easy way to hook Fresco onto it (Fresco is responsive). Looks like I’ll just be re-creatng the galleries with Markup Items and adding the necessary attributes there.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

(Fresco is responsive)

But Showcase isn’t

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

From a very basic standpoint spoken, there is not much in a “lightbox” requiring “MarkUp”.

All can be built natively in Freeway and even the “zoom” images can be placed automatically into the resources folder using the upload extra resources action.

All you really need to do is to classify and data-attributIng the “thumb” Tags in the extended link dialogue.

Cheers

Thomas

A thing off this thread:

Unfortunately none of the brave action developers really will write a swiss army knife jQuery handling action (even paid versions), so some extra lessons of “How to handle JavaScript” are required these days. This makes me wonder, cause I’m pretty convinced that Scripty stuff isn’t the future-real deal.

Unaware how this future will look like, I’m a bit worried! Not only about the action-landscape but as well about the application/user structure. And who has the balls naming this? Mostly me! And who fails by every single attempt? Yep - me as well, mostly.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Very true – there is more than one way to skin this cat! I’ll have a good think about what the best way for me will be. An advantage I see in the markup route is that I can see and edit all the code in one place rather than navigating the Extended dialogs for each element. It just seems faster.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

One the one hand it’s faster, on the other more difficult to create and maintain. With MarkUp you perhaps have to introduce extra written CSS while the construction in Freeway would be “for free”. I think those operations (Lightbox, Slider, Carousel … ) mainly depends on how much images/panes are required. That’s at least my thinking of it.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Good point. We are talking about several galleries, so maintenance is definitely an issue.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hm - I’ve currently no idea what I’d do here, but I think loud and about a static width and height thumbnails (in a fluid surrounding). This would mean, no pass-through and therefor one set of images - the big-zoom version.

Preparing the first thumb with all required design and credentials and a slim and clever naming strategy for images (gallery-1-mg-1.jpg). CMD-D (adjust the second and so on). I think you’re pretty quick by this … cause all you need to adjust is the path to the image resource(s).

I dislike the resources mess so I’d prefer handling images manually - but the upload extra resources action might be of huge help.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

but I think loud and about a static width and height thumbnails (in a fluid surrounding).

I would agree Thomas - that way the page is visual in FW and the extra stuff is really in the link attributes. I too would upload my large images manually.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks, guys. I’ll definitely be looking into the “FW visual” method.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

In the end I inserted all the image thumbnails as markup items. I tried using the cool HTML5 Block Link action, but it was inserting a div I didn’t need inside the tag and making adding links to the very difficult.

So I have a semi-visual page, with plain rectangles instead of full image previews, but it’s a snap to modify each image via the Markup window, and I’ve avoided the unpleasant Extended windows altogether. Overall a pretty good solution :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ack! Markup mess in my previous post. It should read:

In the end I inserted all the image thumbnails as markup items. I tried using the cool HTML5 Block Link action, but it was inserting a div I didn’t need inside the “a” tag and making adding links to the “a” very difficult.

So I have a semi-visual page, with plain rectangles instead of full image previews, but it’s a snap to modify each image via the Markup window, and I’ve avoided the unpleasant Extended windows altogether. Overall a pretty good solution :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

In the end I inserted all the image thumbnails as markup items.

Were you aware that you can draw an html item and choose URL as a content type from the under the 3rd tab - paste in the URL of your image.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

No I wasn’t. Good to be reminded of these things from time to time, as FW is a very rich app!

Not sure it would be the solution in my case, though, as I think I’d still need to go through the dreaded Extended windows to add my attributes, right?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes - but one less snippet to add.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden