Anyone incorporating SEM?

Anyone incorporate SEM (search engine marketing), or is just that more SEO babblespeak?

Anyone use AdWords or anything of the sort?

One of our clients heard some buzzwords and wants to know if we can incorporate it into his site.

Is SEM even good practice?

Thanks.

Bob


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

and wants to know if we can incorporate it into his site

Say yes and charge them plenty - that what the rest do whether it works or not!

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

That’s what I figured. He wants to know a cost. I’m thinking, cost for what?

Other than the usual (content, links, etc.) I never understood what these SEO companies actually do.

Bob


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The SEO companies go in all guns blazing and ask lots but without knowing more about the site - its size, what you are trying to achieve, how you are going to measure performance etc. it is a ‘how long is a bit of string’ scenario.

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Dude those are “buzzword” circa 2005. There is no such thing as SEO anymore
if what you mean is trying to manipulate search engines - that is finished.
Trust me I am an SEO consultant LOL. Just sensibly optimise your pages
(which means proper design of tags etc - nothing else - and simply knowing
what you are targeting and being focused and systematic about that), then
produce lots of quality content and get some quality links if you can -
anything else is money wasted and outmoded. I work for a large organisation
and to be honest we see some sites that we invest loads in do nothing and
other sites rank page 1 the first week - in other words Google is playing
the editorial role more than ever. At all costs - avoid duplicate content,
nothing will kill you more, including the footprint left by a bought
template.

On 22 April 2013 22:53, DeltaDave email@hidden wrote:

The SEO companies go in all guns blazing and ask lots but without knowing
more about the site - its size, what you are trying to achieve, how you are
going to measure performance etc. it is a ‘how long is a bit of string’
scenario.

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
List Options | FreewayTalk


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I agree 100%. Just want to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

Bob


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Here’s my missive on the subject, from last year:

http://www.freewaytalk.net/thread/view/111023#m_111091

Walter

On Apr 22, 2013, at 6:42 PM, Robert B wrote:

I agree 100%. Just want to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

Bob


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks, Walt.

Copy. Pasted. Saved.

Bob


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Glyn,

Is what you mean by “Duplicate Content” visual redundancy within a page or across others?

Thanks

Frank H.

On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:28 PM, Glyn Winter email@hidden wrote:

Dude those are “buzzword” circa 2005. There is no such thing as SEO anymore
if what you mean is trying to manipulate search engines - that is finished.
Trust me I am an SEO consultant LOL. Just sensibly optimise your pages
(which means proper design of tags etc - nothing else - and simply knowing
what you are targeting and being focused and systematic about that), then
produce lots of quality content and get some quality links if you can -
anything else is money wasted and outmoded. I work for a large organisation
and to be honest we see some sites that we invest loads in do nothing and
other sites rank page 1 the first week - in other words Google is playing
the editorial role more than ever. At all costs - avoid duplicate content,
nothing will kill you more, including the footprint left by a bought
template.

On 22 April 2013 22:53, DeltaDave email@hidden wrote:

The SEO companies go in all guns blazing and ask lots but without knowing
more about the site - its size, what you are trying to achieve, how you are
going to measure performance etc. it is a ‘how long is a bit of string’
scenario.

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options