Backwards Compatible

Will Xway be backwards compatible with current Freeway 7 files. That is, Will I be able to open a current Freeway 7 project using Xway, or will I have to build my site from scratch?

Not initially. Being able to open an existing Freeway 7 file is a goal that Jeremy has stated he wants to meet.

One thing I would imagine is that once such a file is brought into Xway, it will no longer work in Freeway. That’s pretty normal, though, and every version of Freeway before it has acted that way when you upgrade a document to the new format.

Walter

So if I made a duplicate of my Freeway 7 file (saving the original file and Freeway 7 application for later use if I disired), would I be able to use Xway to open the duplicate file and modify that? It almost sounds like using Xway will require us to build a new website completely starting over.

Good point Walter.
best,

Marcus

Marcus V. Do Carmo
Miami, Florida
iMac 27" - Mac OS 10.14.6 - Freeway Pro 7
http://www.plusartgraphics.com

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 02:06 AM, email@hidden wrote:

It almost sounds like using Xway will require us to build a new website completely starting over.

In future, Xway will be able to open Freeway documents.

You can use it to build new web sites now. You can also paste or import content from your existing web site into a new Xway site. If you have a fixed-size web site and you would like to create a flexible web site that adjusts to different devices (computers, tablets, phones), starting afresh in Xway isn’t such a bad idea.

Jeremy