Buttons off centre

Thanks to everyone who has helped me over the past few weeks, I now have a website up online, which is responsive — to the best of my ability.

I just seem to have one more problem on the homepage.

Scrolling down from the top you will see, I have three boxes: Copywriting, Content Writing and Copy Editing.

On a larger screen these sit next to each other in a row and seem to look okay.

If you collapse the window a little, they fall into a column. In this view, the yellow buttons, at the bottom should be centred under the text, but they are displaying to the right.

I have this same problem on all devices apart from the 320px width mobile.

The buttons are all set to align centre in their boxes and, as Walter suggested, I have set the text boxes above them to clear left. However nothing seems to have worked and they are resolutely sticking to the right side.

Any ideas how I can bring them back into line?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I’m still trying to find a possible cause for this and it seemingly has nothing to do with the alignment of the buttons.

This morning I tried setting the buttons to align left and they stayed exactly where they are.

I have exactly the same problem, but to a lesser extent, with the Copywriting blog section further down the page. The box and button are centre aligned with each other but not with the rest of the page.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ashley,

This looks like the wrapping divs have issues.

If you at the div id=“Blogwrapper” when you get down to screen sizes like 375px wide (iPhone 8). The padding on that div is 40px making the space left too narrow for the content fit and thus pushing the content left by 40px. You probably don’t want any padding left and right at those narrow sizes.

Also at 375px width screens div id=“BodyWrap1” (2,3, and 4) have a fixed width of 440px. Again too wide for small screens. You should be thinking of using max-width on those.

David Owen
Printline Advertising

Creative Design | Print Production | Web Design & Strategy | Domains & Web Hosting

On 15 Feb 2018, at 10:24, Jenny email@hidden wrote:

I have exactly the same problem, but to a lesser extent, with the Copywriting blog section further down the page. The box and button are centre aligned with each other but not with the rest of the page.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Many thanks, David

I think that seems to have done the trick!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden