Carousel Image Action Protaculous

I’m attempting… trying to
create a left to right /right to left scrolling gallery
940px by 459px in size which sits in the middle of the page
Due to using Protaculous I cant use Moo.

First: Does anybody known of Tutorials on this which help and show ? as I prefer to try and understand it why and how it works.

Im not a Java head so its the case of understanding the code and why.

Any advise …please
Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Try this thread http://freewaytalk.net/thread/view/67025#m_67035

David


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks Dave

Just seen your site need to speak to about festival stuff so will email you … as we brand festivals and create bespoke Fabric backdrops for events artist, bands
and something come up next week which might up your alley

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

David
That function of Walter is great works but it moves when the select a button …need to find out why
Might need to ask Walter

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

There is an autoglide interval setting - no buttons required

http://www.deltadesign.co/examples/carousel.html (with buttons too)

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Dave

Thats great thats for that great example
Not sure if it will solve the problem as the buttons left right scroll the page up to a location.
if you look I have uploaded

http://www.docs.nonfacture.co.uk/


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

David

Sorry should of been clearer i have crated a Carousel
But when you go either left / or the page (which a vertical scroll site) moves up to the previous page manly up to a set location,

Ist there anyway of stoping this.

The function of the panel works but the issue is the page moves to a location on the page (same location every time.

http://www.docs.nonfacture.co.uk/


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

What version of Carousel are you using here? There’s a deeply broken
reference to Scriptaculous in this page, it goes on for quite a few
lines requesting the same file over and over:

scriptaculous.js?
load=builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,builder,effects,dragdrop,controls,slider,sound

which is clearly broken.
On top of that, your page appears to be using a smoothscroll
methodology, rather than a traditional carousel layout. Can you tell
me the parts of the page I should be looking at for carousel behavior?
Walter

On Jun 26, 2011, at 12:00 PM, stuart wrote:

David

Sorry should of been clearer i have crated a Carousel
But when you go either left / or the page (which a vertical scroll
site) moves up to the previous page manly up to a set location,

Ist there anyway of stoping this.

The function of the panel works but the issue is the page moves to
a location on the page (same location every time.

http://www.docs.nonfacture.co.uk/


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanaks I have fixed the Carousel issue
Installed the latest version… bin the old one
and removed smoothscroll (which was only for the nav scrolling between sections as it vertical scroll site . thought that would be the best route what other routes do I HAVE to scroll smooth between sections.

Also the builder,builder,builder,builder issue
is that a corrupt issue ? as it be honest I haven’t got a clue
the only issue is that its not loading something

“Can you tell me the parts of the page I should be looking at for carousel behavior? Walter”
After work gallery there is a red box

its only rough positional at present

thank you again for you tim
(and Dave)

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Please try removing all instances of all actions from this page, and
then publish once. Then add the Actions back on one at a time and
publish each time. See if the builder,builder,etc. business comes
back. You should only ever see one call out to builder, not 30.

Walter

On Jun 26, 2011, at 3:36 PM, stuart wrote:

Thanaks I have fixed the Carousel issue
Installed the latest version… bin the old one
and removed smoothscroll (which was only for the nav scrolling
between sections as it vertical scroll site . thought that would be
the best route what other routes do I HAVE to scroll smooth between
sections.

Also the builder,builder,builder,builder issue
is that a corrupt issue ? as it be honest I haven’t got a clue
the only issue is that its not loading something

“Can you tell me the parts of the page I should be looking at for
carousel behavior? Walter”
After work gallery there is a red box

its only rough positional at present

thank you again for you tim
(and Dave)

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

OK

Thanks

Sorry to be a pain

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Walter the issue seems to happen when applying the Protaculous and and functions

Not sure why

Any thoughts

Also do you known as smoothing scrolling using Protaculous
as the smooth scrolling create issues with Carousel

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

There is a separate Action called SmoothScroll that might be easier to
use than putting the code in long-hand using Protaculous. Also, be
certain – double check at ActionsForge – that you have the very
latest version of Protaculous.

What version of Freeway are you using? Joe and I try to keep the FX
Actions and Protaculous in synch.

Walter

On Jun 28, 2011, at 6:10 PM, stuart wrote:

Walter the issue seems to happen when applying the Protaculous and
and functions

Not sure why

Any thoughts

Also do you known as smoothing scrolling using Protaculous
as the smooth scrolling create issues with Carousel

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

SmoothScroll cant use as I mentioned as it stops the Carousel from working correctly

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Download the latest 0.4 version, and you’ll find that you can. I just
pushed it up there, I remembered your previous report about that, and
it was a quick and simple fix.

Walter

On Jun 29, 2011, at 4:35 AM, stuart wrote:

SmoothScroll cant use as I mentioned as it stops the Carousel from
working correctly

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

What version of Freeway are you using? Joe and I try to keep the FX Actions and Protaculous in synch.
Im using Version 5.5.7 Freeway Pro

Thanks have downloaded .4 version and will see if that solves
issues …

Still cant figure out why multiple builders come in
using http://freewaytalk.net/thread/view/91100 what you said of code wise
Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

THe builder,builder,builder business may be related to your use of the Observer Action, but I’m not sure. Are you still using that Action anywhere on your page? Or did you switch to the single function in Protaculous code model?

Walter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I used Observer as I could get single function in Protaculous code model to work

I will have to try again single function in Protaculous code

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The only trick to that is that you have to name things sensibly. If
you can follow a pattern, then it is simple and elegant code to make
it all in one function. Google will thank you, too, since there will
be roughly half as many lines of code in your page.

Walter

On Jun 29, 2011, at 10:10 AM, stuart wrote:

I used Observer as I could get single function in Protaculous code
model to work

I will have to try again single function in Protaculous code

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Walter Just so you known Smooth Scroll makes the Carousel action jump still so you cant use SmoothScroll action is there any other way to create Smooth Scroll between hyperlinks/anchors

Stu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options