Claris Draw vs Intaglio Questions

Nick,

I have a few questions concerning features in Claris Draw vs Intaglio.

1. In Claris Draw I can double click on most of the tools and from then on out I can use that tool without re-selecting it. How do I do that in Intaglio.

For example:

If I select the Rotate tool I can rotate any object I select, more than once if I so desire.
If I select the Line tool I can draw any number of lines.
If I select the Square tool I can draw any number of squares.

To stop the selected tool I just click on the Arrow tool or another tool.

1. In Claris Draw I can hide more than one layer. For example, say I have 5 layers and I only want to display layers 1, 3, and 5 but hide layers 2 and 4. How do I do that in Intaglio?

2. In Claris Draw I can lock more than one layer but still have them displayed. For example, say I have 5 layers and I only want to make changes on layers 1, 3, and 5 but I still want to see the other layer objects. How do I do that in Intaglio?

3. In Claris Draw I can restrict selection to the top layer or, if I set the preference, I can select any object in any layer as long as it is not blocked by an object in an above layer. How do I do that in Intaglio? To set the restriction back on I reset the preference.

Thanks, Ray

PS. My line of thinking is to draw a room’s floor joyce with pipes and heat ducts etc, then the plywood sub floor on the next layer, followed by tile layout pattern on the third layer. After that would come the lower kitchen cabinets on layer 4, and then the upper on layer 5. I would want to be able to add/substract things as I went, plus line them up with each other so displaying various layers would be required. Also hiding layers would be required. Can I do that using Intaglio? I can in Claris Draw but it doesn’t work on the latest and greatest OS X system so I need a replacement s/w program that does. Please tell me Intaglio can OR will in the very near future. :slight_smile:

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

In Claris Draw I can double click on most of the tools and from then on out I can use that tool without re-selecting it. How do I do that in Intaglio.

Command-click in a tool to lock it (or choose lock from the contextual menu in the tool palette).

In Claris Draw I can hide more than one layer.

Click in the eye column in the layers inspector to toggle the visibility of a layer. Note you can’t make the active layer invisible.

In Claris Draw I can lock more than one layer but still have them displayed.

Click in the lock column next to the eye column described above.

In Claris Draw I can restrict selection to the top layer

In the popup menu in the layer inspector choose “Lock Inactive Layers”.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks bunches Nick, I’ll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Ray

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Nick,

I’ve allready asked for the following feature : in the help menu, or here in the forum, or as a downloadable file in the Intaglio web pages : a list of all the shortcuts usable in Intaglio would be very very very useful

best regards

jacques

Le 15 sept. 08 à 15:16, Nick a écrit :

In Claris Draw I can double click on most of the tools and from then on out I can use that tool without re-selecting it. How do I do that in Intaglio.

Command-click in a tool to lock it (or choose lock from the contextual menu in the tool palette).

etc. etc. etc. !!!

It would be nice if the aspect of the tool in the toolbox changed when a tool is locked, so that you always know if the tool you are using is locked or not. In Draw, the tool changed from white to light grey when it was only selected (not locked), and changed to dark grey (or black, I don’t remember) when the tool was selected and locked.

Herve

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden