CSS menus font vs size

I’ve seen this issue before:

I create a CSS menu, then I use the Inspector to set the color, the font (stock Verdana, in this case) and the font size. When I enter the font size and hit enter, the font returns to “proportional”. When I set the font to Verdana and hit enter, the font size returns to “default” and vice-versa, round and round.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any idea what may be causing this?

I can set a CSS menu style and move on, but I’m curious…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I’ve found this unpredictable behaviour pretty disturbing, and I wanted (all) styles to be managed by the styles editor, simply it gives me more control and more options … what I’m saying is that I never style text ‘directly’ via the inspector or via the CSS Menus action palette.

But what do I do? Well, it’s simple … the css menu (the list) is set up in an html-item, right? That item has an ID, I often name it accordingly: ‘nav’. So I set up tag-styles in the styles editor:

• #nav
  • #nav a
  • #nav a:link
  • #nav a:hover

One other option to create html item (or rather div) specific link styles is to select the div ‘nav’ and (in the inspector) select the second tab ‘Item appearance settings’. At the bottom you’ll find the links section, select ‘More…’ and set up your appropriate styles.

I know, it’s not an answer on why you are experiencing the issues you encounter, but it’s a way out.

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: