CSS Menus issue and solution

On the first page "Eton Livestock Appliances”, I can get the menus to display in front by selecting the "menu-strip” item and adding “z-index: 99” to

in "Item/Extended”. There’s no need to add “position:relative” because Freeway adds it automatically for this item.

However, this item isn’t connected with a master item. The way that you want to create CSS menus is to have a menu item (with the CSS Actions Action applied) on a master page. There is a CSS menu item on the master page, but it has been deleted from the instance page. It’s also a layer item, while the item on the non-master page is an inflow item. I think you can probably use either.

The reason for creating a CSS menu item on a master page is so you can edit it and your changes will appear on every page. That’s less work than having to make separate changes on every page.

So what I think you should do is to rework your site so there is a CSS Menus item on the master page and all the menu items on non-master pages derive from this item (you can tell that an item derives from a master item because it will have Use Master checkboxes in the Inspector palette). When you’ve got this working (apart from the problem of menus appearing behind another item) add “z-index:99” to

in "Item/Extended” for this master item. If you use an inflow item rather than a layer item, you might also need to add “position:relative” in “Item/Extended”.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: