CSS Menus overflow

Thanks for the reply Thomas.

The question of sidebar navigation is to me an obvious one for anyone showing images. Modern monitors are very wide, but not all images are landscape (horizontal). So it is much smarter to reduce the width of the available space, than the height. I’ve always had the Mac’s Dock in OSX to the right of my monitor as many photographers do (left or right) because we need all the height we can get for portrait (vertical) images. (In the original MacOS, the application bar was always to the right.)

As for what I want, it’s pretty simple. I want my logo to be top-left and responsive. I want the menu below it, to always have the same spacing to the logo (distance between them) and I want the menu to be pushed down the page as the logo grows (as the page is resized).

This isn’t what happens. What happens is that the logo grows as the page is resized and the menu gets closer to it and eventually overlaps it. However! I can make the logo stay in the right place, but if I choose to do that, then when a visitor moves between pages by clicking the menu, the logo momentarily disappears, the menu jumps to the top of the page, the logo then reappears and the menu jumps back down to its correct position. So both solutions are flawed. I’d just like one that isn’t flawed. :slight_smile:

Regarding the time spent. Well … it’s an old equation … lots of people do stuff, fumbling their way through, when they could just pay a professional to do it properly. In the end it comes down to two things. Money and/or fun. The choice of using a professional is mostly about cost … and that is entirely relative to how much money you have available yourself … and the fun bit is; is it fun/enjoyable? As long as it’s enjoyable, I’ll keep doing it myself. :slight_smile:

As for my design … well that’s a matter of taste I guess. :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: