CSS menus

I recently wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to make a menu bar that will have a black
background even after the end of the menu items?

Well, I answered my own question: you paste the menu bar into its
background, which automatically asks you if you want it to have
undefined height, and you say yes. Then, the menu bar background
expands with the menu bar. Must pay more attention.

best wishes

Paul Bradforth

http://www.paulbradforth.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Paul:

Not sure if this is the best way, but I nested my FW5 CSS dropdown menu within a parent html box. You can then stretch the parent div and move the CSS menu around as a child div. I also used a common background color for both. Its not behaving well in IE6 but I don’t believe its because of how the menu is nested. This site is still in work.

http://williammacdesign.com/CCULAA/index.html

Bill McCarroll
Poway, California
http://williammacdesign.com

On Friday, January 25, 2008, at 07:11AM, “Paul Bradforth” email@hidden wrote:

I recently wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to make a menu bar that will have a black
background even after the end of the menu items?

Well, I answered my own question: you paste the menu bar into its
background, which automatically asks you if you want it to have
undefined height, and you say yes. Then, the menu bar background
expands with the menu bar. Must pay more attention.

best wishes

Paul Bradforth

http://www.paulbradforth.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi guys,

I’m going to take a look into the menus and try to make it possible to
se to a color on the item and have that be used for whatever the width/
height the item is set to. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Joe

On 25 Jan 2008, at 16:01, Bill McCarroll wrote:

Paul:

Not sure if this is the best way, but I nested my FW5 CSS dropdown
menu within a parent html box. You can then stretch the parent div
and move the CSS menu around as a child div. I also used a common
background color for both. Its not behaving well in IE6 but I don’t
believe its because of how the menu is nested. This site is still
in work.

http://williammacdesign.com/CCULAA/index.html

Bill McCarroll
Poway, California
http://williammacdesign.com

On Friday, January 25, 2008, at 07:11AM, “Paul Bradforth” <email@hidden

wrote:
I recently wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to make a menu bar that will have a black
background even after the end of the menu items?

Well, I answered my own question: you paste the menu bar into its
background, which automatically asks you if you want it to have
undefined height, and you say yes. Then, the menu bar background
expands with the menu bar. Must pay more attention.

best wishes

Paul Bradforth

http://www.paulbradforth.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 25 Jan 2008, at 16:01, Bill McCarroll wrote:

Not sure if this is the best way, but I nested my FW5 CSS dropdown
menu within a parent html box. You can then stretch the parent div
and move the CSS menu around as a child div. I also used a common
background color for both. Its not behaving well in IE6 but I
don’t believe its because of how the menu is nested. This site is
still in work.

Thanks Bill; we came to the same conclusion :slight_smile:

best wishes

Paul Bradforth

http://www.paulbradforth.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 27 Jan 2008, at 18:23, Joe Billings wrote:

I’m going to take a look into the menus and try to make it possible to
se to a color on the item and have that be used for whatever the
width/
height the item is set to. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

That would be great.

best wishes

Paul Bradforth

http://www.paulbradforth.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options