Customizing MailChimp Embed Form

Hello Freeway Talk Community…

Does anyone have any advice for customizing the MailChimp embed form. Would like to achieve something like what Softpress has on there home page.

1. What embed type would you recommend, Classic, Slim or naked?
  2. My site is responsive, what would be the best way to go about this in FreewayPro?

Kind Regards, Dave

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

The last time I used a MailChimp form, I found it pretty easy to style using an external stylesheet. I used CSSEdit (long discontinued) to do a live preview, then adjusted away until it matched the rest of my page. That sheet only affected the form, so I added it to my page separately (if I was using Freeway, I would have used the External Stylesheets Action).

I am guessing that the Naked style would be the least-styled, and therefore easiest to make it fit into your page. The key to making it work with a responsive site will be to make the form itself 100% width, and then inject it into a Freeway-drawn element on the page that you can then make different sizes at different breakpoints.

So in Freeway, draw or insert (inline) an HTML box where you want the form to appear, give it a tint of color so you can see it on screen. Then adjust your positions and dimensions of that box at your desired breakpoints. Treat this as the “FPO” form. When everything looks right and you’ve tested the layout, then use the Crowbar Action to inject the MailChimp form code into that element:

1. Remove the tint color.
  2. Double-click on the element so you get a flashing text cursor.
  3. Insert / Action Item / Crowbar
  4. Click once on the inline Crowbar element, then click the Code button in the Actions palette and paste your code.

Walter

On Dec 12, 2015, at 12:46 PM, TeamSDA email@hidden wrote:

Hello Freeway Talk Community…

Does anyone have any advice for customizing the MailChimp embed form. Would like to achieve something like what Softpress has on there home page.

1. What embed type would you recommend, Classic, Slim or naked?
  2. My site is responsive, what would be the best way to go about this in FreewayPro?

Kind Regards, Dave

http://www.softpress.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thank You Walter… I have played with the embed as suggested and think I have the hang of it.

Kind Regards,
Dave

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden