e-buy button set price 0

Hi

i’m trying to set a price on 0,00 on my e-buy button, but the action won’t accept it, also tryed in an e-buy form but that doesn’t work eather.
someone knows an action or a trick how to let me make a price of 0 in an action?

many thanks

arjan

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

So if you want a price of zero do you need an E-buy button at all.

What exactly are you trying to do - there may be an easier way as the action has been written so that you cant give stuff away for nothing.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’m selling carpets and stuf, i will give customers the oppertunity to select their samples they want me to bring with me when i’m gonne visit them at home.
What i was thinking is it was rhe best way to do that in mal’s basket cause there gonne be a lot of damples on the site.

With that i’m also gonne sell products for the cleaning of the floors, it would be nice if all products come in the same basket

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

i will give customers the oppertunity to select their samples they want me to bring with me when i’m gonne visit them at home.

i’m also gonne sell products for the cleaning of the floors, it would be nice if all products come in the same basket

Is it likely that customers will want to buy cleaning products if they have not yet bought the carpet and want to see samples.

I think you should create an enquiry form for carpet samples/home visit arrangement to keep sold products separate from your sample request.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

That’s a great idea, but maybe you don’t need to use Mals cart for this. You could make a form with the Send Form or PHP Feedback Form Actions, and use that instead. Then you don’t have the overhead of trying to cheat the Mals system into accepting a free product. I wrote an example a few years ago of how to build a cart from scratch using JavaScript and cookies, and you could hook that into any form handler. My example points to a generic form handler that just lists what was sent to it (t’s a debugging tool).

http://scripty.walterdavisstudio.com/catalog

Here’s the writeup about it: Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Walter

On Nov 28, 2015, at 6:06 AM, vloerengilde email@hidden wrote:

I’m selling carpets and stuf, i will give customers the oppertunity to select their samples they want me to bring with me when i’m gonne visit them at home.
What i was thinking is it was rhe best way to do that in mal’s basket cause there gonne be a lot of damples on the site.

With that i’m also gonne sell products for the cleaning of the floors, it would be nice if all products come in the same basket

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanx for the reactions.

One thing i’m not sure of is if i’ve the knowledge to do this…
I think it wil be a study for me…

The link u gave issomething like chinese for me, is there somewhere a discription how to wich i understand?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sorry, you have just encountered the “learning cliff” of programming. I try to write these things as plainly as I can, and to a reader with a bit more experience than you, it does seem do-able (note the three people in the message thread who got it all working). I’ve been writing JavaScript since 1997 (shortly after it was invented) and my greatest difficulty now is trying to remember what it was like to be staring at it for the first time, so I can write clearly about it.

If you want to learn how to do this yourself (and you should, if you do this Web “design” thing for a living) then the only way to start learning is to start trying to do it. Download the example code, open it in a text editor (TextWrangler is free and very powerful, from the makers of BBEdit – the oldest continuously-developed application on the Macintosh). Read through it line by line, and ask yourself why that line is there. The lines that begin with // are comments, there to help you understand the program flow, and ignored by the computer. When you reach a line that you don’t understand, ask again here, and I (or another initiate) will explain. Repeat until you understand. This is a life-long process. I learn something new every day, at minimum.

If you want to get your cart to work, and your “real” job is selling things, not building Web sites, then consider hiring a developer to get this part working for you. There are many people on this mailing list (and countless others who are not) who can write this sort of thing in their sleep. Paying one of them to write this in a Freeway-friendly way (using Actions to hook up their hand-written code to your free-form designed page) will give you a quick path to completion, albeit without the long-term understanding that comes with learning to code, and a lighter wallet.

In the end, it is the old “give/teach a man a/to fish” saying. If you can make the case for investing the time to learn – even just the beginning basics of it – I guarantee that there will be a payoff in the end. Even if you don’t use this new skill every day, the understanding will give you new and longer levers to move your world. But if you don’t invest that time (or can’t, because you’re on a deadline) then I completely understand. That’s when you need to spend money to get an immediate result. Maybe you will learn how to do it yourself another day.

Walter

On Dec 1, 2015, at 3:52 AM, vloerengilde email@hidden wrote:

Thanx for the reactions.

One thing i’m not sure of is if i’ve the knowledge to do this…
I think it wil be a study for me…

The link u gave issomething like chinese for me, is there somewhere a discription how to wich i understand?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

the best thing is to hire someone… i will when iv’ve a decent budget.
in the meantime i’ve chosen freeway, cause even a noob like me can build something looking good with it… and it helps get me customers allready… but still… computers is not my talent.

thanx for replying

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden