Email marketing software

Could anyone recommend a mailer application that would enable me to email regular newsletters and offers etc created with the Create Mail Action to a list of regular and past customers.

I would want it to store the email addresses to send to, handle any unsubscribe requests and maybe to be able to categorise the addresses into groups of customers requirements; so for example group A would receive newsletter A, group B would receive newsletter B and group C would be a mix of certain members of A & B who would like to receive newsletter A & B! Or some such.

Ideally I would prefer to desktop based as opposed to a 3rd party web based affair. I estimate 500-1000 recipients (hopefully increasing) of a max of 2 newsletters a month and say 6 offers a year.

Thanks in advance.

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Take a look at Direct Mail: http://directmailmac.com/

Joe

On 12 Sep 2012, at 17:26, “David Murray” email@hidden wrote:

Could anyone recommend a mailer application that would enable me to email regular newsletters and offers etc created with the Create Mail Action to a list of regular and past customers.

I would want it to store the email addresses to send to, handle any unsubscribe requests and maybe to be able to categorise the addresses into groups of customers requirements; so for example group A would receive newsletter A, group B would receive newsletter B and group C would be a mix of certain members of A & B who would like to receive newsletter A & B! Or some such.

Ideally I would prefer to desktop based as opposed to a 3rd party web based affair. I estimate 500-1000 recipients (hopefully increasing) of a max of 2 newsletters a month and say 6 offers a year.

Thanks in advance.

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Make sure if you’re using a third party supplier for sending bulk mail make you use their paid for mail servers for 500-1000+ sends. Sending bulk mail can cause issues on mail servers. Mail servers usually put limits on bulk sending.

On our hosting there is a free workaround by using the Mailing list function in the control panel. You can send up to 2,500 per mailing list. And it uses and supplies some code to control opt in sign ups and opt outs legally. You could design the code using the Freeway email actions pop the HTML in the HTML editor and your good to go. It won’t do some of the clever stuff like A B testing or measure opens. If you’ve got other stats available you could measure downloads on a specific image.

David

http://www.ineedwebhosting.co.uk

On 12 Sep 2012, at 17:26, “David Murray” email@hidden wrote:

I would want it to store the email addresses to send to, handle any unsubscribe requests and maybe to be able to categorise the addresses into groups of customers requirements; so for example group A would receive newsletter A, group B would receive newsletter B and group C would be a mix of certain members of A & B who would like to receive newsletter A & B! Or some such.

Ideally I would prefer to desktop based as opposed to a 3rd party web based affair. I estimate 500-1000 recipients (hopefully increasing) of a max of 2 newsletters a month and say 6 offers a year.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Direct Mail is OK I’ve used it but is can be a bit fiddly. I prefer Campaign Monitor personally albeit browser based.

David

On 12 Sep 2012, at 18:57, Joe Billings email@hidden wrote:

Take a look at Direct Mail: http://directmailmac.com/


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks Joe, I’ll check Direct Mail out
On 12 Sep 2012, at 18:57, Joe Billings wrote:

Take a look at Direct Mail: http://directmailmac.com/

Joe

On 12 Sep 2012, at 17:26, “David Murray” email@hidden wrote:

Could anyone recommend a mailer application that would enable me to email regular newsletters and offers etc created with the Create Mail Action to a list of regular and past customers.

I would want it to store the email addresses to send to, handle any unsubscribe requests and maybe to be able to categorise the addresses into groups of customers requirements; so for example group A would receive newsletter A, group B would receive newsletter B and group C would be a mix of certain members of A & B who would like to receive newsletter A & B! Or some such.

Ideally I would prefer to desktop based as opposed to a 3rd party web based affair. I estimate 500-1000 recipients (hopefully increasing) of a max of 2 newsletters a month and say 6 offers a year.

Thanks in advance.

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Coincidentally David I was just looking at the option on ineedwebhosting. Yes you host 5 or so of my sites!

I’ll also give Campaign Monitor a once over.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

David

On 12 Sep 2012, at 19:52, David Owen wrote:

Make sure if you’re using a third party supplier for sending bulk mail make you use their paid for mail servers for 500-1000+ sends. Sending bulk mail can cause issues on mail servers. Mail servers usually put limits on bulk sending.

On our hosting there is a free workaround by using the Mailing list function in the control panel. You can send up to 2,500 per mailing list. And it uses and supplies some code to control opt in sign ups and opt outs legally. You could design the code using the Freeway email actions pop the HTML in the HTML editor and your good to go. It won’t do some of the clever stuff like A B testing or measure opens. If you’ve got other stats available you could measure downloads on a specific image.

David

http://www.ineedwebhosting.co.uk

On 12 Sep 2012, at 17:26, “David Murray” email@hidden wrote:

I would want it to store the email addresses to send to, handle any unsubscribe requests and maybe to be able to categorise the addresses into groups of customers requirements; so for example group A would receive newsletter A, group B would receive newsletter B and group C would be a mix of certain members of A & B who would like to receive newsletter A & B! Or some such.

Ideally I would prefer to desktop based as opposed to a 3rd party web based affair. I estimate 500-1000 recipients (hopefully increasing) of a max of 2 newsletters a month and say 6 offers a year.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I love Campaign Monitor and Mailchimp because i can make the template nicely in FW and import it easely! great price quality balance!! and now Campaign Monitor changed the whole tamplate making its even more easy!!


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options