[Express] Background Image Larger in Preview???

I’m re-assembling a site I made in iWeb, and so far, Freeway isn’t proving to be as easy…but i’m in this for the long haul.

When I preview my site in Safari or FireFox, the background is larger and one of 4 image links are smaller then the other, even though ALL boxes are the exact copy of each other.

Help.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

How are you adding your background image - to the page?

With nothing selected on the page look in the Inspector, Paintbrush icon then use the Image selector to find your bg image on your HD. Remember it should be a web ready format such as jpeg, gif, png (much larger file sizes) and also should be at the size you want to use in your page. Bg images are not processed by FW. Set Tiling, position options as required.

As to your image links - I suspect that the images you are using here are not all the same resolution and that is causing problems on output.

When you import these images use the ‘Ignore Resolution’ checkbox and once you have them in their boxes uses Item>Graphic>Scale & Pad to fit them to the boxes.

If they are images that you have prepared in a graphics package like Photoshop and you are happy that they are web ready and at the size you want in your layout then you have tthe option, on import, to select the Pass Through option (above Ignore Resolution) and then the image will be untouched by FW on output.

Using the first method you have the ability within FW to rotate, scale, crop images and also to change their compression and file type on output. Because of this ability it is much easier to adjust a layout rather than working with presized images.

Some people use this workflow to create the layout and then once that is finalised they reimport the same image but this time pre-prepared as a pass through to preserve quality, especially with more quality critical images. But I must stress that FW’s image quality output is good but a photographer or graphic artist may feel that they want the final say in image manipulation and output.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options