[Express] F/W AE Newbie Struggle

Please help-

I’m creating a site for an artist.
there should be about 10 (+,-) pages not including the main page.
I have shot the pictures and done the processing in Pshop and created 8 galleries in Adobe Bridge. They work well and have the look and feel he wants.

The artist wants his business card graphic or his prized work on the first page, Large. Also, links to the galleries, bio, and contact form.

He want’s it (the graphic) smaller on succeeding pages. Preferably, in an upper corner.
So, what I want to do is to either NOT have a master page or have a master page that does not share or command anything with/on the children pages.

If I can’t integrate the (smaller) graphic on the gallery pages, I can live with that. I’m just trying to dis-associate the master pages (CSS) rules

I am aware that Freeway Express will create image galleries.
I’m not going to re-do prior finished work. Line in the sand sort of thing 8-D

Could some one tell me how can I achieve this disassociation? I have viewed the tutorials I thought might help and they didn’t assist. I’m fully aware of the advantages of CSS and all, it’s just that those advantages don’t apply here (for now).

To recap- the site- will have one large graphic and links to galleries on the first page- the other pages (think spokes from the front page hub) will not share the huge graphic and will instead be the usual stripped down/clean look of a flash slide show.

Did I say I’ve spent a few weeks on this and that I’m doing it for free? It’s my inaugural professional site and I’d like it to have reasonable functionality and as few “gotcha’s” as possible. Your assistance in this will appreciated for all time.
Thanks,
Mark

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On Aug 3, 2011, at 2:53 AM, Mark 06405 wrote:

Please help-

I have shot the pictures and done the processing in Pshop and created 8 galleries in Adobe Bridge. They work well and have the look and feel he wants.

The artist wants his business card graphic or his prized work on the first page, Large. Also, links to the galleries, bio, and contact form.

He want’s it (the graphic) smaller on succeeding pages. Preferably, in an upper corner.
So, what I want to do is to either NOT have a master page or have a master page that does not share or command anything with/on the children pages.

If I can’t integrate the (smaller) graphic on the gallery pages, I can live with that. I’m just trying to dis-associate the master pages (CSS) rules

Could some one tell me how can I achieve this disassociation? I have viewed the tutorials I thought might help and they didn’t assist. I’m fully aware of the advantages of CSS and all, it’s just that those advantages don’t apply here (for now).

To recap- the site- will have one large graphic and links to galleries on the first page- the other pages (think spokes from the front page hub) will not share the huge graphic and will instead be the usual stripped down/clean look of a flash slide show.

Did I say I’ve spent a few weeks on this and that I’m doing it for free? It’s my inaugural professional site and I’d like it to have reasonable functionality and as few “gotcha’s” as possible. Your assistance in this will appreciated for all time.
Thanks,
Mark

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Mark,

If I get your drift; you can have more than one Master Page. Also, the elements on any succeding pages you do not want the same as the master, you can uncheck the master and master content boxes in the inspector (when the element in question is chosen and when on the page in question).

On Aug 3, 2011, at 2:53 AM, Mark 06405 wrote:

Please help-

Thanks,
Mark

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Absolutely - you can have more than 1 Master page.

So 1 Master with the larger graphic

2nd Master with smaller graphic.

When you create a new page you will be asked which Master page to use.

Bear in mind if you are using Flash galleries you will limit the viewing public. No iOS users!

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks so very muchly. Man, I was pulling my hair out. I"m fully aware that this site is going to have some limits.
I’m not charging so I’m sure I’ll have requested changes, updates and revisions.
Remember, I’m not charging a fee so my time is worthless apparently. I have had clients (video) like this before. We all seem to have at least one client like this. Enough complaining though. I’ll have to go try out this solution and see how it looks. Again, thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
Mark

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden