[Express] Sell Video online

I have a business website designed with Freeway Express. I sell things, using PayPal to handle the money interactions.

I’d like to make short videos available online and charge for them.

Any suggestions on best way to do this?

I wouldn’t mind doing this through another site. Or perhaps I could sell access through website/PayPal, give customer a password, and create a password protected document/page for them to access on my site?

Thank you!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I haven’t used it myself, but there is a service called LinkLok that works well with the Freeway Shop (Mals E-commerce bundled with Freeway). I am not certain if that works with Express, but you could buy the full version of Freeway if it doesn’t. Freeway can open (and convert) Express documents. They won’t be editable by Express after you do that, but you will have a backup copy that you could go back to if you prefer.

Walter

On Apr 2, 2017, at 8:49 AM, KDE email@hidden wrote:

I have a business website designed with Freeway Express. I sell things, using PayPal to handle the money interactions.

I’d like to make short videos available online and charge for them.

Any suggestions on best way to do this?

I wouldn’t mind doing this through another site. Or perhaps I could sell access through website/PayPal, give customer a password, and create a password protected document/page for them to access on my site?

Thank you!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Back in the day when I charged for Backdraft, I realized pretty quickly that rolling your own solution to this leads to insanity, primarily because of tax laws (ever heard of VAT? Yep, it’s no fun).

There are a lot of services out there that specialize in handling sales of digital goods. I worked with https://www.sendowl.com, and couldn’t have been happier, however, shop around and I’m sure new competitors have popped up in the last few years.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Caleb makes a good point about VAT and that is why I ended up dropping PayPal.

There are lots of billing solutions out there that can handle digital goods, but as a simple tip don’t go for the cheapest, simply because it’s the cheapest. The cost has to be balanced against what they do for you, not just in terms of features, but also how compliant they are with regulations.

I am using FastSpring to sell digital downloads, which is not the cheapest, but customer service is good and my accounting is so simple nowadays. They take care of all the VAT headaches and I just receive a single payment for the month of sales.

Another option I hear good things about is Gumroad and well worth looking at.

Ashley

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden