[Express] Upgrade FW and transfer to new Mac

I’m so glad to hear Softpress and Freeway are back! I’ve been using the basic Freeway Express to develop a rather large website for about ten years. It’s worked very well for me over the years and it’s very easy to update the website with new content, which I do monthly.

I am about to get a new Mac (most likely a mini with monitor). My old iMac is early 2009 so needs upgrading. The new Mac will have the latest operating system and this old one is El Capitan.

I’ve been running Freeway 5.5.7 on this old one very successfully for almost 10 years now. How do I transfer the program to the new Mac? Should I now upgrade to a newer version of FW and install that on the new Mac? Would it open my files and let me make changes without messing up anything already in place? Or would 5.5.7 continue to work on a newer OS if I just transfer it over?

Thanks for any advice.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I’ve been running Freeway 5.5.7 on this old one very successfully for almost 10 years now. How do I transfer the program to the new Mac? Should I now upgrade to a newer version of FW and install that on the new Mac? Would it open my files and let me make changes without messing up anything already in place? Or would 5.5.7 continue to work on a newer OS if I just transfer it over?

If you use Apple’s Migration Assistant when you set up the new Mac, it should copy all your programs and documents across. It is possible that Freeway will ask you to re-enter your serial number.

I think Freeway 5.5.7 will continue to work on 10.13, but you can upgrade to the latest version for just $19. This will open your existing files.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thank you very much, Jeremy, and I’ll do the upgrade to be safest. Can I do it on this older Mac first, or should I wait to migrate it over?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you very much, Jeremy, and I’ll do the upgrade to be safest. Can I do it on this older Mac first, or should I wait to migrate it over?

Either way is fine!

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options