fading slideshow..

ok ladies and gents…

I done good and got my fading slideshow going.

I then added a text rollover to the menu (on side to mission &
philosophy under about us) and a layer hide / layer show action.

I deleted these boxes from the infant slideshow page – but when
publishing the page I am getting a java script error that wont let me
run the slideshow.

help???

Julie

working slideshow site:

www.grassrootsweb.net/tlc

non working:

www.grassrootsweb.net/test 1

thank you for your help

Julie


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Did you hit “clear error” or whatever the button is in the Actions palette and then try again?

Does any message pop-up with what the error is?

BTW, I e-mailed you back.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Where is that button? I don’t seem to have it

Sent from my iPhones

On Jul 19, 2009, at 14:11, Dan J email@hidden wrote:

Did you hit “clear error” or whatever the button is in the Actions
palette and then try again?

Does any message pop-up with what the error is?

BTW, I e-mailed you back.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

error states:

java script error.

and fade slideshow on infant photo one will not be published
I cant find the clear error button… . any clues were or how I can
make these actions work together?

Julie

On Jul 19, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Dan J wrote:

Did you hit “clear error” or whatever the button is in the Actions
palette and then try again?

Does any message pop-up with what the error is?

BTW, I e-mailed you back.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Julie,
There is a Page action called: JS Error Trapper. It is a free action
that can be downloaded here:

http://www.freewayactions.com/product.php?id=007

Install it in your home/Library/Application Support/Freeway 5/Actions/
General

Place it on your Master Page, then you only have to do it once. You
need to then select “activate” from the Action palette box. When an
error occurs, note the page that it refers to, go to that page and
select “clear error.”

Vicki

On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:29 AM, julie maxwell allen wrote:

error states:

java script error.

and fade slideshow on infant photo one will not be published
I cant find the clear error button… . any clues were or how I can
make these actions work together?

Julie

On Jul 19, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Dan J wrote:

Did you hit “clear error” or whatever the button is in the Actions
palette and then try again?

Does any message pop-up with what the error is?

BTW, I e-mailed you back.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thank you I will try it tnght when the wee one goes to bed

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 19, 2009, at 15:27, Vicki Allwardt email@hidden wrote:

Julie,
There is a Page action called: JS Error Trapper. It is a free
action that can be downloaded here:

http://www.freewayactions.com/product.php?id=007

Install it in your home/Library/Application Support/Freeway 5/
Actions/General

Place it on your Master Page, then you only have to do it once. You
need to then select “activate” from the Action palette box. When an
error occurs, note the page that it refers to, go to that page and
select “clear error.”

Vicki

On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:29 AM, julie maxwell allen wrote:

error states:

java script error.

and fade slideshow on infant photo one will not be published
I cant find the clear error button… . any clues were or how I can
make these actions work together?

Julie

On Jul 19, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Dan J wrote:

Did you hit “clear error” or whatever the button is in the Actions
palette and then try again?

Does any message pop-up with what the error is?

BTW, I e-mailed you back.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

vicki,

I placed that on the master … went to publish it… and the error
came up again… clicked cancel then when to the page…

where do I select clear error?
I went to the action screen where I chose to activate the error
trapper and there was also no where to clear it…

thanks for your help

Julie
On Jul 19, 2009, at 3:27 PM, Vicki Allwardt wrote:

Julie,
There is a Page action called: JS Error Trapper. It is a free
action that can be downloaded here:

http://www.freewayactions.com/product.php?id=007

Install it in your home/Library/Application Support/Freeway 5/
Actions/General

Place it on your Master Page, then you only have to do it once. You
need to then select “activate” from the Action palette box. When an
error occurs, note the page that it refers to, go to that page and
select “clear error.”

Vicki

On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:29 AM, julie maxwell allen wrote:

error states:

java script error.

and fade slideshow on infant photo one will not be published
I cant find the clear error button… . any clues were or how I can
make these actions work together?

Julie

On Jul 19, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Dan J wrote:

Did you hit “clear error” or whatever the button is in the Actions
palette and then try again?

Does any message pop-up with what the error is?

BTW, I e-mailed you back.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

This error is happening in the Freeway environment, right? If so, the
Error Trapper Action isn’t going to help. You need to start removing
Actions from your page until it publishes, and then add them back one
at a time until it breaks. Then contact the author of the Action and
report what combination of Actions causes the error. Most likely, the
issue is that some page element which a “normal” page would contain is
being removed by another Action, and so when the second Action comes
along, it complains because something it expects is not available for
it to work with.

On Jul 19, 2009, at 8:27 PM, julie maxwell allen wrote:

vicki,

I placed that on the master … went to publish it… and the error
came up again… clicked cancel then when to the page…

where do I select clear error?

This button will appear in the Actions palette when you have an Action
item (or the page) selected and there is an error in the currently
selected Action. If you have more than one Action applied to an
element, you will have to click through the tabs in the Actions
palette while that element is selected in the design view to reveal
the button.

Walter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Walter,

I did that too… But I got it working now. TY i was getting it when
trying to publish or upload.

I just had to reboot and look at the actions window to see the clear
button…

Julie

On Jul 20, 2009, at 9:45 AM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

This error is happening in the Freeway environment, right? If so,
the Error Trapper Action isn’t going to help. You need to start
removing Actions from your page until it publishes, and then add
them back one at a time until it breaks. Then contact the author of
the Action and report what combination of Actions causes the error.
Most likely, the issue is that some page element which a “normal”
page would contain is being removed by another Action, and so when
the second Action comes along, it complains because something it
expects is not available for it to work with.

On Jul 19, 2009, at 8:27 PM, julie maxwell allen wrote:

vicki,

I placed that on the master … went to publish it… and the error
came up again… clicked cancel then when to the page…

where do I select clear error?

This button will appear in the Actions palette when you have an
Action item (or the page) selected and there is an error in the
currently selected Action. If you have more than one Action applied
to an element, you will have to click through the tabs in the
Actions palette while that element is selected in the design view to
reveal the button.

Walter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options