Fin

Dear Joe, wow this is a shock!

I am certain you have massive reasons. But this is a sad day for us all.

Freeway was the main tool to start my professionell business as grafic- and webdesigner with FW 3.5 many years ago.
As non native english speaker being from Germany it was not easy at the beginning to get in to it. But through your support, the FW website, the wonderful community I made it.

I have met many good and helpful people, I have met Thomas Kimmich also 10 years ago and because he is german too, we exchanged a lot since then via telephone.
I follow the postings on a daily basis and although the „meetings“ are not live - we all sit alone in front of our descs - it feels like a big family, Max, Tim, Dave, Walter, Ernie, Richard, Caleb, Todd and many others has become familiar to me, I am more a reader than a writer though. We lived and shared the ups and downs, didn`t we?

Thank you so much Joe and the Softpressteam, your work has been more than great!

Now 10 years later after the start of my design studio I am responsible for a big bunch of clients, 95% of them with websites I made with FW and which I still update on a regular basis.
It is my business I rely on for a living! And this is eventually true for many of us. The news unsettle and worry me to be honest.

• How long will I be able to update my clients websites when FW is not further developed?
• Does that mean I have to learn painfully another application? (I would not know which.)
• How can I explain this to my clients?
• I am afraid that there will be a mountain of (perhaps unpaid) work because I cannot let my clients down.

Possibly these questions resume from the first shock and will be eventually answered…

But I cannot believe this and I hope from the bottom of my heart that there is way that this application will still be alive in the future.
Not only for me but for all of us!

Hanna

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: