Fin

The only valid point I see is, that it is this audience responsible for the disastrous end - you and me to be pedant. And on plus, I see an audience haven’t got the balls to speak it out loud!

Rather than discussing stupid requests on this TalkList for years (tables, hover, positioning …) it would have been much better to talk “progressive enhancement (ever heard of flexbox?)”. For the sake of those people we’re doing web design:

The billions of users out there having the damn right watching a well structured Page (or Site).

My aspiration is leaving the web a better place. This is just because I’m a designer. And a designer’s job is solving problems. This is neither a technical approach nor has it much to do with prettifying. It’s authoring and structuring. It’s about taking the inventory - it’s about simplifying.

Following this approach, one may wonder how less and rare you have to “adjust” your site.

I’m one of those “selling” my stuff. Because it isn’t a cheap video series of a manual. It is my intellectual property. And I’m proud of it.

I often tried to motivate the action writers to sell stuff - it’s damn fair. But we can’t persist on static, old library based stuff. Furthermore, it isn’t a sold action causing problems, it is the inability and ignorance of this audience using them successfully. Because using a “modern” action requires the knowledge of positioning - period.

“Things need to be much simpler!” was the gist of a recent talk.

Softpress died - isn’t it simple?

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: