Fin

I just finished watching Thomas’ video, and thank you, Thomas, for making that. Pinegrow may not help you grow a forest in your yard, but it seems to be the “HTML importer” we have all wanted for YEARS in Freeway. That doesn’t necessarily make it a perfect choice for editing though, and I’ll need to look at the Trial more closely to assess its merits.

I should add to this discussion by saying that we need to take care with our “Freeway replacement.” This evening I discovered the Macaw app for the first time and noted how very intuitive it is AND it apparently creates very lean and beautiful code too. Then I looked closer and found the company is now closing its doors, having sold out to InVision.

Clearly, choosing a company that’s been around for a while and has a growing user base would likely be our safest bet. Not sure about the company behind Pinegrow, but RapidWeaver has been around for a long time and doesn’t appear to be headed into closure anytime soon. And I must admit that Joe Workman is really a working man with all the video tutorials he’s handcrafted to get users up and running. Blocs and Sparkle apps have their own unique WYSIWYG appeal. They just haven’t been around as long, so who knows how long they’ll stick around.

–James Wages

LINKS:

MACWORLD Review of Sparkle 1.2.3, with links to review of Blocs 1.3 (noting that both apps are at version 2.0 now):

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: