Fin

Let me introduce myself… My name is Joe Workman. I develop add-ons for RapidWeaver. I have around 140 add-ons available that range from simple youtube embeds to slideshows to full blown online CMS and Blogging solutions. Here are a few URLs that you can use for reference to the solutions that I provide…

I also run a popular user community at https://weavers.space

To be honest, I am nervously posting here… I have heard rumors of the dislike for RapidWeaver that users have posted on this forum. So I feel like I am somewhat coming into rebel territory. However, I come in peace, waving a white flag and all that. So please go easy on me… :slight_smile:

First, let me give my condolences to the crew at Softpress. I have been an indie software developer for 5 years now. I support my entire family of 5 with my business. I also have a small crew of guys who are amazing. The decision that Softpress made had to have been unbelievably hard, especially when you have built a dedicated and passionate community around their products. From experience, I am sure they feel the same about all of you here that I do about my users as well.

We consider you (the community) part of our family. My community is a vital part of my life. I have built such amazing friendships with so many users over the years. Many of them are able to run full time web design companies because of the products and solutions that I provide. I have no doubt that the Softpress crew feel the same. I wish them luck in their future endeavors. My heart sincerely goes out to them for the tough decision that they had to make. Hopefully, I can also help some of you in this community.

I have very limited experience using Freeway. But from the limited use that I have had, I can see that its workflow is completely different than that of RapidWeaver+Stacks. I saw that one user mentioned Serif. I agree that they are an amazing company that has done mind boggling work. Taking on Adobe… wow! I also see the parallel between the workflow of their apps and Freeway. I am not surprised by James’ desire for them to make a web design app because the workflow is very similar and it would potentially be a path of least resistance.

However, you can indeed make amazing websites with RapidWeaver. I personally prefer the workflow that I and other developers have built around RapidWeaver. That does not mean that its better. Its just different and it “clicks” better with me. I encourage that if you have not looked at RapidWeaver in some time, to please review it again. Maybe it will click with you as well.

Here are a couple of sites that contain galleries of websites that have been designed using RapidWeaver:

I would like to welcome anyone here to get in touch with me personally if you have any questions. I routinely do live hangouts with my community every Friday. Its an amazing way to connect and build friendships. I would be willing to setup a live hangout with any of you either in a group setting or one-on-one. I am in this for the long haul. I love my community and enjoy helping them build amazing websites for themselves and their clients. I would love for any of you to be apart of that.

Cheers,
Joe

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: