Fin

Justin E.,

Thank you for the 2 links. I didn’t find information about “breakpoints” until 6 minutes into your second video, but I see that only 3 are offered (which is perhaps all you would need):

Mobile (cell phones)
Tablet
Desktop (everything else)

Since you have experience with RW + Stacks + Foundation, would you be able to say how it deals with 2-byte languages like Japanese and Chinese? For example, we can use web fonts easily for English, but unless you restrict yourself to KATAKANA or HIRAGANA in Japanese, you wouldn’t be able to use web fonts due to their multi-megabyte sizes. So instead, I must specify Meiryo, MS P Gothic, Osaka and the like as a font set in Freeway. How does all this work in your RW setup?

From about 16:00 in your second video link, it talks a little about the 3 types of images (mobile/tablet/desktop) that can be used, but how I do ensure Retina graphics (144ppi) are visible on any platform (i.e., that graphics always look sharp on hi-rez displays)? And is it possible to get your page to serve 72ppi graphics to low resolution displays but server the 144ppi images only to Retina displays?

Next, at 24:35, I see the “Getting Started with Foundation” text in the header smash against the “Menu” text at right when page width is minimized. That of course looks terrible, so how do you rectify it?

Next, how do you incorporate a search field into the header, akin to what I ask in the following thread?

Lastly, what is the total cost for RW, Foundation and all the Stacks we see in the 2nd video?

Thanks,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: