Fin

Paul & JDW,

Sorry for being absent from the thread most of the day…

Justin covered most of the questions but here is my take on things…

RapidWeaver has themes (templates if you want to call them that) and they are awesome for people that want to get a jumpstart in designing a site. However, my Foundation for RapidWeaver product allows you complete freedom to build what you want. You have a blank canvas to build whatever you envision.

Justin shared the first video in my Getting Started with Foundation series. Yes, that is me in the video. I have hundreds of videos on my YouTube channel. I have really embraced video because I feel that its a great way to make a personal connection with everyone. Its also the most effective way to show people how to do something that they have never done before.

Here is my youtube channel. I am working on organizing it a bit better and trying to take it to the next level. However, there are a ton of great video on there. https://www.youtube.com/c/joeworkmannet/playlists

Think of building your website using LEGO. You have building blocks called “stacks”. Each one could be a column layout, text, image, slideshow, gallery, etc. There are tons of them available. None of them require that you know any code whatsoever, you simple drag the stack onto the page and start adjusting your settings to your liking.

There is also a built in way to leverage layouts that you have built using stacks across multiple pages. This way you only have to build, let’s say your site header and footer once. Then simply use it on every page. Want to update it? No problem change the header or footer in one place and it updates everywhere. Its pretty amazing.

In terms of non-Latin based languages, RapidWeaver works great. I have numbers customers who build sites in Japanese, Korean, Cantonese and Arabic languages. I even have a right-to-left version of my Foundation product available for these users. Many of them have used my Font Pro product in order to easily import custom fonts in their languages. This way they are not stuck with just the defaults available.

By default my Foundation product has 3 break points. You can override these break points on a case by case basis in many stacks. I feel that 95-98% of the time, these 3 break points have been sufficient. However, with that said, in my next major version of Foundation, I plan on adding a 4th breakpoint. The reason is the iPhone 6Plus has really added a new common screen size that can at time be very annoying. So I will definitely nuke that problem in the bud.

In terms of the Menu on Mobile… that is getting pretty detailed for this conversation. But there are ways to rectify that. This video was simply a getting started video to go over the basics of how to get a website built as quickly as possible. Solutions for this could be to simply reduce the Site site to be something shorter (even if only on mobile). You could make the text smaller as well, but then that could make it less readable. Those are just 2 ideas… there is more than one way to skin that cat.

Now in terms of cost, here is the breakdown for what you would need to get started building with RW + Stacks + Foundation.

I had a discussion with Dan (from Realmac) and Isaiah (from YourHead) today and we would like to all offer all Freeway users a nice discount for moving over. They would like to offer all users a 30% and I will gladly sweeten the pie a little more and offer 40% off Foundation.

RapidWeaver: $99 - 30%
Stacks: $49 - 30%
Foundation: $99 - 40%

You can get the RapidWeaver discount at the following URL: https://www.realmacsoftware.com/store/offers/freeway-alternative/

For both Stacks and Foundation, you can use the coupon code “freeway” at checkout in order to receive the discount.

Stacks: YourHead Online Store
Foundation: Foundation 6 Stacks for RapidWeaver

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: