For no reason Freeway generates index1.css files

For a Freeway user I’m currently creating a responsive template, so I start with creating the master page which is going to be used to generate all other pages.

In the site-panel I’ve set u the site structure and set up about 20 pages, all from this one particular master. There’s no other. Strange thing is … when published, besides the master.css, custom.css and the index.css files there’s a also an index1.css file. About 5 pages are linked to this index1.css file, while they’re all exact the same.

I’ve had this in the app as well, for no reason at all Freeway7 just decides to publish an extra css file, which is a direct copy of the one all other pages are referring to. Any thought anyone? Clearing out the site folder and re-publish (all) doesn’t help at all. Freeway will generate that extra .css file, and the pages referring to this additional file change randomly.

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

" I’ve had this in the PAST as well, for … "

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve seen Freeway lose track of the image or CSS sheet it has created, decide that the one that is in the site folder is “external code” and rename its resource to avoid overwriting it. This leads inexorably to multiple copies of the same image in the Resources folder for example, with cunning names like image123aaab.gif and so forth.

The easy way out of this is to delete the entire contents of the site folder (on your Mac) and choose Publish again. This starts over from scratch, and any duplicate names are because you used the same master item twice on the page or similar.

Walter

On Mar 18, 2017, at 1:11 PM, Richard van Heukelum email@hidden wrote:

For a Freeway user I’m currently creating a responsive template, so I start with creating the master page which is going to be used to generate all other pages.

In the site-panel I’ve set u the site structure and set up about 20 pages, all from this one particular master. There’s no other. Strange thing is … when published, besides the master.css, custom.css and the index.css files there’s a also an index1.css file. About 5 pages are linked to this index1.css file, while they’re all exact the same.

I’ve had this in the app as well, for no reason at all Freeway7 just decides to publish an extra css file, which is a direct copy of the one all other pages are referring to. Any thought anyone? Clearing out the site folder and re-publish (all) doesn’t help at all. Freeway will generate that extra .css file, and the pages referring to this additional file change randomly.

– Richard

ontwerpzaam.nl

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks for your reply Walter!

I’ve tried that, but the extra css file will be generated anyway, the next time applied to other (random) pages than it was than the time before. Very odd.

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Another trick: create a blank master page – nothing at all on it. Apply that master to an afflicted page. Everything from the master should be removed, so anything master-like that remains is a duplicate that has gotten unlinked from the master. Delete everything that remains of the master page, then re-apply the original master page. You should be back to a single, linked version of each master item, and the duplicates should disappear.

Walter

On Mar 18, 2017, at 1:26 PM, Richard van Heukelum email@hidden wrote:

Thanks for your reply Walter!

I’ve tried that, but the extra css file will be generated anyway, the next time applied to other (random) pages than it was than the time before. Very odd.

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

And now it get’s stranger and stranger …

… after 4 attempts, without any change on the Freeway file, the extra index1.css disappeared. The only thing I did differently is close the file first, quit and re-start Freeway, re-open the Freeway file and publish into the (empty) site folder.

I have no clue why it worked the 4th time, but it did. I can only think about a cache Freeway uses while it’s working on a document, and that this cache is gone after quitting Freeway. That is … if Freeway does use a cache of some form, but I don’t know.

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you for your time, Walter. I appreciate it!

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Totally missed this: Freeway7 apparently dropped the ball.

After re-opening the Freeway file the CSS Menus action was removed from the DIV it was applied to. Now it’s just a plain list with links …

I’m gonna make myself a nice cup of espresso before I’m diving into this.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden