Forms Newbie

Hi. I need to do my first form in the next day or two. It is basic, mostly mailing list info and a few other questions. The client has asked that she be able to import the results into an excel file. I would love any tips on where to start or what to do. This is a pro bono deal, so I’m really hoping there is a free option. On the other hand, I need to be able to pull this together pretty quickly, so ease is important to, even if I have to pay a small fee. I’ve seen some things about easyform action and also forms to go. I have no idea where to start and would really appreciate some advice, tutorial links, or other thoughts.

Thanks!
Doty

Doty,

The PHP easiForm actions are easy to implement, just follow the tutorial at:
http://easibase.com/freeway/freeway_form.php

Your server will need to allow ‘ioncube’ loaders to use the forms created by the action.

The data received can be copied and pasted into an Excel file and should be formatted as a new line in a new row but best to check that this is what you need before buying as the format of the data that is sent cannot be altered. You can set everything up without purchasing a license for easiForm, although you will get an alert on your thanks page the email will be sent to the address set in the action, so you can just copy and paste the data from there to see if it suites.

I do advise reading the tutorial above as you set your first form up, most user errors seem to come through not following in the tutorial.

HTH

On May 7, 2008, at 4:27 AM, Doty Shepard wrote:

Hi. I need to do my first form in the next day or two. It is basic, mostly mailing list info and a few other questions. The client has asked that she be able to import the results into an excel file. I would love any tips on where to start or what to do. This is a pro bono deal, so I’m really hoping there is a free option. On the other hand, I need to be able to pull this together pretty quickly, so ease is important to, even if I have to pay a small fee. I’ve seen some things about easyform action and also forms to go. I have no idea where to start and would really appreciate some advice, tutorial links, or other thoughts.