Freeway 7.1.4

Jeremy,

In addition to the page dirtying problem associated with the highly useful and important “Site Mapper” action, I would like to mention yet another thorn-in-the-flesh: Unwanted Master Page Item Renaming.

I need to use “getElementById” (JavaScript) fairly often, and document.querySelectorAll() isn’t always the best substitute. The problem is that I want to specify a specific item ID. The problem occurs when I use Master Page content. For reasons unknown to me (and honestly, irrelevant as far as my JS is concerned), Freeway will add a “1” to the end of the Name/ID I assign on the Master Page. For example, if I sketch a Form Field and name it “Field” and hit return (on the Master), the actual name appearing in the Inspector will be “Field1”.

This causes all sorts of problems for me because I want to put my JS code on the Master too and not have to change it page by page. But sometimes an item will get unlinked from the Master and its name won’t have a “1” at the end, and if I try to rename it with the 1, Freeway changes the “1” to a “2”!! It’s a horrid mess, really. The only way I can get around it is to modify my code on a per-page basis when the ID renaming happens, eliminating a lot of the help Master Pages give me.

So to recap the two problems I’ve mentioned to you:

1. Site Mapper Action Page Dirtying (entire site, every 24 hours)
  2. Master Page Name/ID Remaning (that bothersome “1” at the end)

Thanks,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: