Freeway 7.1.4

I remember a scenario from the past, but honestly can’t recall it at all. It happened by inheriting a Freeway-doc to a new project (save under?). Then I renamed the style-sheet and things started getting weird. As far as I remember, it happened to me too, added items having been renamed by something.

We discussed it here and some users made the same experience. But as far as I know, we never came to a conclusion nor on how to fix it. It simply seemed, that there were some ghosty styles haunting through the document (if not to say “bug” by whatever).

If you start a simple doc from scratch, this shouldn’t happen at all. So it must have to do with the current project.

And here is a vague guess - something worth to try (or think about). Save the project as “template” and restart the project new → from template. Probably the ghost decides not moving to this freshly new facsimile.

ID is the leading and major concept in Freeway. Freeway takes care of us not screwing things up (creating invalid code). In a pretty strong way.

Since working with another application, I settled my horse entirely new. Towards classes and occasionally to IDs if required. BUT - it’s my responsibility making things correct. The app doesn’t help me much.

Furthermore, there is another thing coming into my mind:

The extended dialogue (Tab DIV). I know it’s much more of work. But in there, you can overwrite Freeway’s internal given ID towards the new. Especially if you depend on a specific ID (for JS) this is a way out of the dilemma.

Hope it helps somehow!

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: