Freeway 7.1.4

Thomas,

Thank you for the suggestion, but creating a template is more work than I want to do, and using the Extended Dialog as an override would probably work, but it forces me to have to remember that I am incorporating such “HACKS” into my site. My suggestion to Jeremy below is better, I think. Perhaps you will agree…

Jeremy,

Thank you for the explanation. I understand how it works now, but I still think that I should be empowered to easily take control. Meaning, the Master should be THE MASTER. And I should be MASTER of the MASTER! If I tell a Master page to name a Master page item with a specific name, why have Freeway alter all names that conflict so the Master will obey my command? Why should I have to do such manual labor so as to appease the naming gods?

If the Master renames items to avoid conflicts, that could potentially create other problems, I agree. But the solution to that is simple (conceptually). Have Freeway present me with a dialog that shows me all items that were renamed and allow me to visit each and every one so I have the chance to see if that renaming creates any new problems, and if it does, I can then fix them one by one. No more “digging” and manual labor required.

I believe this approach is better than the existing “dig into every single web page and find what may or may not be there” approach. Sure, it requires a modification to Freeway, but I think it would be a good one.

Best,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: