Freeway 7.1.4

Hi, James, that’s all correct and external style sheets can be on because the action places whatever styles before anything else. As for the quantity for styles then that’s down to the generator.

Thats why as mentioned before, there is a lot more to critical styles than what a generator can produce because of things like what’s needed to make items either usable or visible in the first millisecond.

The best scenario I can give is: imagine a person looks at a news site on an underground train and that train loses connection whilst travelling along but it gets a millisecond of connection when it pops through an open section before plunging back through tunnels again. Well that’s when critical CSS would have real importance because you would be aiming for any visual and constructive styles that would make the page usable for that split second.

But a lot of those decisions is down to the developer. because it may not be what a generator thinks is important… for me it would be any styles that allowed me to read the text of the main news item, and not necessarily the style of it or the images etc.
I hope that all helps
max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: