Freeway Data Tables

Thomas,

What a laugh for me… at first I thought you were suggesting something like this – http://cssway.thebigerns.com/workbench/freeway-data-tables/semantics.html

Which, I must admit that I am drawn to the idea of lists as natural grouping structures. However, beyond menus and scripting arrays, they are semantically weak for many applications.

But now I see that you meant I should build the content in familiar structures, then using the action to change those structures into whatever semantic tags were necessary. Interesting, since this would happen without Freeway’s interference, so there would be no struggling to overcome its grip of control.

I have seen many applications for such an action, but the effort (I think) is still greater than just writing data tables by hand.

It’s just such a shame since acceptable data tables in Freeway are already so close, and even advanced users would benefit from Freeway’s automated handling of such tedious structures. Walter’s Semantic Table action, if updated with the current tfoot specifications gets most of the work done. Getting the Towers to train Freeway to start writing better selectors and stop forcing inline styles would be the other part of that… but somehow I am not holding my breath for that.

Thanks for sharing, as always.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: