FW 5 Inline Lists

I’ve been experimenting with inline lists in v5 and am having some
problems. I’ve done this type of list in v4 and by hand numerous
times without a hitch so I’m unsure if it’s operator error or not.
Note that the CSS in this example is not the same as I used to
successfully use in v4 (because it won’t work) but it’s the only way
I could get close to what I wanted. The main problem is the links
are not being wrapped in

• tags. Instead each one is enclosed in a

• Yeah, that looks really broken. When you say you are doing inline lists, how are you going about creating this list?

If you create what looks like a single paragraph for each element of your list, then select all of them and press the list indent button, do you not get a proper UL:

<ul>
        <li>your anchor here</li>
        <li>your anchor here</li>
    </ul>

Then it’s up to styling with CSS to create the inline (visual) aspect of this.

If you are using an Action to create this menu bar thing, then which one, and which version? This seems really broken, and since Freeway doesn’t write broken code in my experience, I am guessing that the problem lies elsewhere.

Walter

freewaytalk mailing list
    email@hidden
    Update your subscriptions at:
    http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

And the penny drops. I forgot about the indent button. Haven’t had much time to use v5 recently and am still hard-wired into the v4 method of building lists.

Thanks,

Todd

On Jun 3, 2008, at 9:21 AM, waltd wrote:

Yeah, that looks really broken. When you say you are doing inline lists, how are you going about creating this list?

If you create what looks like a single paragraph for each element of your list, then select all of them and press the list indent button, do you not get a proper UL:

The only thing about the indent button is selecting the style of the list. Unbulleted still yields a Definition List (dl) with Definition Descriptions (dd) as list items, and no hope of Definition Terms (dt) to use this specialized list type properly.

Freeway also sets List-style property instead of List-style-type, which required an adjustment on my part.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:21 AM, waltd asked:

Ernie Simpson – Freeway 5 Pro User – http://www.thebigerns.com/freeway/