Gif type useless on responsive sites?

Hello David,

I have been away for a while experimenting with Adobe Muse, as I can’t get my head around using code with fonts in Freeway. Unfortunately, Muse is an utter disaster, so I have returned to Freeway.

I did learn a little about responsive sites in Muse though, and have applied that knowledge to Freeway and have a much better result thus far. But I have crashed into the font issue again.

I am trying to create a strap line in a footer which will need to reformat as the page gets narrower. Gif type won’t do this, and if I change it for the next breakpoint down, it ruins it for the first one. The only way I can see around it is to have separate text blocks for each size, and only allow the correct one to publish at a given size. That’s a lot of faffing around. Hence I have looked at your suggestion again.

I need a decent bold display font, just one. My site is to promote my services as a graphic designer, and I need something more adventurous than Helvetica to put some punch into the page.

I have looked at the Google fonts as you suggest, and there are some in there that will work, but on the overview the very first line says “Here’s an example. Copy and paste the following HTML into a file:” and I am immediately lost! Where and how do I paste it? Sadly I am allergic to code and have no idea what I’m doing.
I would appreciate any further help on this you are able to give. Treat me as the village idiot on this, I won’t mind.

Thanks in advance.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: