Graphics in Xway

Perhaps it’s early days for this, but having inserted a photograph that sits on the left of the page, is it possible to insert a caption to the right of it, preferably centrally aligned?
Freeway example attached.

Thanks
Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I can’t see your Freeway example (I don’t think it’s possible to send attachments to Xway Talk) but how about:

1. Insert a photograph
  2. Set Vertical Align to Middle (Margins and Alignment in the Box Inspector)
  3. Press right-arrow and type the caption

Is there a different way of doing this in Freeway?

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy. I can see there is much to be added to the user manual! Your suggestion works up to a point, but when the page is reduced to phone width, the caption line splits with the overflow moving beneath the photo. An inelegant workaround would be to have no spacing between the words, instead, inserting a random character with the same colour as the background. That way, when the width is reduced, the whole caption moves beneath the photo, which looks much better. Either way, it only works for short captions. Anything that requires a paragraph break with throw the second paragraph under the photo.

So much easier in Freeway! Insert a graphic box with photo, an HTML box with text alongside, then select both, press ⌘-Y and choose centre vertical align.

Geoff

On 22 Nov 2019, at 10:25, Jeremy Hughes <email@hidden> wrote:

Hi Geoff,

I can’t see your Freeway example (I don’t think it’s possible to send attachments to Xway Talk) but how about:

1. Insert a photograph
  2. Set Vertical Align to Middle (Margins and Alignment in the Box Inspector)
  3. Type the caption

Is there a different way of doing this in Freeway?

Jeremy

So much easier in Freeway! Insert a graphic box with photo, an HTML box with text alongside, then select both, press ⌘-Y and choose centre vertical align.

We don’t have a vertical align option (yet), but you can do exactly the same thing in Xway:

1. Insert a photo and convert it to a layer item
  2. Insert an HTML box with text alongside and convert that to a layer item
  3. Vertically align the boxes (manually)

However, the problem with this layout (in Freeway or Xway) is that it is a fixed layout. It won’t display on phones without horizontal scrolling (or being scaled so that it is very small).

Jeremy