HTML Box Expands off Page

I’m developing a site in Freeway 7.1.4 and suddenly a text box has expanded beyond the edge of the page. It’s a mobile site I’m developing on a 320 px wide Freeway page and you can see what happened here: http://www.blue-iceberg.net/image/overflow.jpg

I had the box size set at 320 px and everything is fine, but something I did expanded the box to 345 px. I’ve tried grabbing the edges and dragging, as well as changing the value in the width box to 320, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I’ve found the culprit. It’s the picture box with the “ada” title and the young woman sitting at the table. For some reason, when I set it to fit box to graphic it pushes the margin out. My workaround is to scale it down and put a white border on all sides of the image but I’d be curious to know what’s going on.

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You define fixed (static) widths on images. That’s one of your problems here.
In a modern workflow (design), images are simply

width: 100%
max-width: 100%
height: auto

This ensures all images taking all of the available space. This all works best when you start to think about inflow-construction. So all elements have relative measurements and positioning.

The other one is something not really to control in Freeway and is called box-sizing, but that’s another chapter of the story.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden