HTML Email Tutorials

Looking for guidance (video tutorial or walk through) how to develop a HTML email in Freeway 5 pro.
Found many old posts using tables but with little relevance.
Read mailchimps guides and remote resources still having issues tables baffles me to make work. Is there an easier modern method?

Any direction would be a great help!

Thanks in advance

Anthony Leyrer Orlando Florida


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

It used to be possible to use a modern layout, but nowadays the
correct way to make HTML e-mails (according to Microsoft) is to “party
like it’s 1999”. Or '97, maybe. In a valiant but misguided effort to
cut back on the amount of malware that gets distributed by mail,
Microsoft decided to ditch the HTML rendering engine in Outlook, which
had been based more or less on IE, in favor of the one that’s embedded
in Microsoft Word. Hmmmmmmm.

No layers. No CSS positioning of anything. No background images except
for the one and only background on the body. Best to stick to very
basic layouts, or use full-page images like the spammers do, and get
marked down for that.

Personally, I stick to plain text, but then I like my messages to
actually /arrive/ where I send them.

Walter

On Mar 15, 2010, at 9:49 PM, Anthony Leyrer wrote:

Looking for guidance (video tutorial or walk through) how to develop
a HTML email in Freeway 5 pro.
Found many old posts using tables but with little relevance.
Read mailchimps guides and remote resources still having issues
tables baffles me to make work. Is there an easier modern method?

Any direction would be a great help!

Thanks in advance

Anthony Leyrer Orlando Florida


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Walter,

Thanks for the feedback. If html 3.2 no css no layers is the way to go are there any tutorials or written guide I can follow on table construction and html email that will ensure a professional result. I have had limited success to this point controlling graphic images and text in tables. just need the basics I think that I am still missing something on working with table layouts in freeway pro 5

Thank you for your help
Anthony


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Remember that if you turn off the layers creation (CSS Layout button)
and/or uncheck the Layer checkbox on each element of your page,
Freeway will create a much better table structure than you could build
by hand with the table tool. But also remember that an e-mail preview
window is nowhere near the dimensions of a normal Web browser, and is
quite a fluid size, so you might want to experiment with building an
inline layout within a single Width Can Grow container HTML box. It’s
very hard to do this well and not compromise on one end or the other
of the width spectrum, but it can be done.

Walter

On Mar 16, 2010, at 8:28 AM, Anthony Leyrer wrote:

Walter,

Thanks for the feedback. If html 3.2 no css no layers is the way to
go are there any tutorials or written guide I can follow on table
construction and html email that will ensure a professional result.
I have had limited success to this point controlling graphic images
and text in tables. just need the basics I think that I am still
missing something on working with table layouts in freeway pro 5

Thank you for your help
Anthony


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Walter,

Thanks I will build it as an inline layout. One more question if you would bear with me. Is there a best way to deploy this to a pc outlook user for my clients redeployment? if you could guide me to an instruction set it would help me here.

Thanks much

Anthony Leyrer


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

MailChimp has a validator that lets you test and preview a layout, I
believe there are some other online validators out there, for pay or
free.

I would not send list mail (unless it is an extremely short list,
entirely made up of friends) directly from any personal computer,
whether it was a Mac or a PC, because that is a very good way to get
that address or machine blacklisted for sending spam, which in turn
tends to get your ISP to disavow you and kick you off the Internet.

There are companies out there (MailChimp, MyEmma) who make this their
business, and will advise you on what that mail should look like and
what it may legally contain. Then they put their corporate reputation
on the line and send the thing for you. They get the karmic burden,
not you or your client. Much better all around, and cheap at twice the
price if you take a long view.

Walter

On Mar 16, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Anthony Leyrer wrote:

Walter,

Thanks I will build it as an inline layout. One more question if you
would bear with me. Is there a best way to deploy this to a pc
outlook user for my clients redeployment? if you could guide me to
an instruction set it would help me here.

Thanks much

Anthony Leyrer


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Walter,

Thanks. My client is advised of this and is only sending to a small pre-qualified group who are already in his circle. He is going to send the html email individually. I am just trying to get it to him easily the first time. What is the best method to do this once I have it uploaded to his site?

Also how does a forward to a friend need to be setup. Cloud you explain the basic structure I need to develop to get this working also?

Your help here is appreciated.

Anthony Leyrer


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The easiest way is to send it to him in Mail (from your Mac). Open the
message page in Safari, click somewhere blank in the page, select all,
copy, then move to mail, open a new message, address it to your
client, click in the body, and paste. When your client gets the
message, they can use it as the body of another message through pretty
much the same set of steps: copy from the body of your message, and
paste into the new message template they are sending out.

Walter

On Mar 16, 2010, at 9:33 AM, Anthony Leyrer wrote:

Walter,

Thanks. My client is advised of this and is only sending to a small
pre-qualified group who are already in his circle. He is going to
send the html email individually. I am just trying to get it to him
easily the first time. What is the best method to do this once I
have it uploaded to his site?

Also how does a forward to a friend need to be setup. Cloud you
explain the basic structure I need to develop to get this working
also?

Your help here is appreciated.

Anthony Leyrer


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Do you mean a “tell a friend” feature within a Web page to sign up
your friends to get spam, er, mail, or a note in the e-mail to
“forward this to a bunch of your friends, please”?

You can’t run any sort of script within an e-mail, that’s how viruses
are spread so they lock that down pretty sharply. You can have a link
within the e-mail that goes to a Web form somewhere on a real server,
though.

Does that help?

Walter

On Mar 16, 2010, at 9:33 AM, Anthony Leyrer wrote:

Also how does a forward to a friend need to be setup. Cloud you
explain the basic structure I need to develop to get this working
also?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Walt,

I have built the email as an inline box model and turned off all css. It appears to function properly copy pasting it from safari mac to mac mail then emailing it to a yahoo account but when I send it to an outlook 2007 PC email account it falls completely apart.

It is posted here online to view:

http://www.alsuniversity.com/enrollment.html

Is there a way to bulletproof this with a freeway action, script or am I doing something wrong with the table structure.
Thanks for your help
Please let me know what you think is the easiest and best solution.

Anthony Leyrer


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’ve experimented with MailChimp to send my first-ever client newsletter. The learning curve is a little stiffer than MailChimp would have you believe, but they take care of all the compliance details, etc. And unless you’re talking a real load of e-mail recipients, then you can be comfortable with the free version. I’ll be using it again and eventually integrating the sign-up form onto my web site. (They give you the code for that.)

Laura


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’ve yet to explore this option, but a friend recommended http://www.aweber.com/
for email newsletters, leaving you free to do websites.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I use iContact. They have great support, even by phone. They also provide surveys without extra charge.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Anthony - for a start your background image is referenced with a relative path. This is the first thing that is going to fail. All paths should be absolute. Remote Resources action will help with this.

Also have a look at Max’s action http://www.actionsforge.com/projects/view/79-email-ready-html

David


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hello.I see you are very skilled in technology so I decided to ask you about about Kasprsky antivirus which is the first in top ten best antiviruses http://www.best-antivirus.co/

have a nice dayhttp://www.freewaytalk.net/thread/view/67145


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options