Interesting

I was reading a customer comment on how they were able to use MODX and
it sounded interesting. I never heard of this being done. Is this a
common thing among the bigger CMS or am I just easily impressed? Has
anyone ever done it? Walter, you?

Read the full article here http://tinyurl.com/d2u5lz8, otherwise
here’s the gist:

“We did not expect the internal Bechtel marketing team to know which of
a possible 100 templates to use for which page. Therefore we programmed
MODX to self-assemble pages based on the content they entered.”

Todd


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

That’s a really cool idea. I haven’t seen it before.

Rails has the notion of letting a set of templates self-assemble, using the yield keyword to indicate where the next layer of the matryoshka should be added, but I’ve not seen anyone use the page content as the trigger for that. I’ll have to lodge this in the back of my brain and see if I can put it to use somewhere.

Walter

On Jul 18, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Todd wrote:

I was reading a customer comment on how they were able to use MODX and it sounded interesting. I never heard of this being done. Is this a common thing among the bigger CMS or am I just easily impressed? Has anyone ever done it? Walter, you?

Read the full article here http://tinyurl.com/d2u5lz8, otherwise here’s the gist:

“We did not expect the internal Bechtel marketing team to know which of a possible 100 templates to use for which page. Therefore we programmed MODX to self-assemble pages based on the content they entered.”

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Walter Lee Davis wrote:

That’s a really cool idea. I haven’t seen it before.
I wish I understood how they did it. It sounds like a lot of high-level
work for someone with formidable programming chops.

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I start to get a bit scared when a CMS becomes self-aware! :slight_smile:
Cool stuff none the less. Now if they only knew how to stop users from making the text big and red. That would be a useful feature.
Regards,
Tim.

On 18 Jul 2012, at 17:46, Todd wrote:

“We did not expect the internal Bechtel marketing team to know which of a possible 100 templates to use for which page. Therefore we programmed MODX to self-assemble pages based on the content they entered.”


FreewayActions.com - Freeware and commercial Actions for Freeway Express & Pro - http://www.freewayactions.com
FreewayStyle.com - Free Freeway templates and parts to download, use and explore - http://www.freewaystyle.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Tim Plumb wrote:

I start to get a bit scared when a CMS becomes self-aware!
It does have an A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) feel.

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options