iphone 6 breakpoint

Hi,

does anybody know the breakpoints for iphone 6 portrait and landscape breakpoints/

thanks

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Sure, they are listed here: http://www.canbike.org/CSSpixels/search?name=iphone+6

But you’d be better off making your layout flexible and adding breakpoints when the it breaks. That way you’ll never need to worry about screen dimensions of a particular device – it’ll work everywhere!

Joe

On 20 Nov 2015, at 12:01, Peter email@hidden wrote:

Hi,

does anybody know the breakpoints for iphone 6 portrait and landscape breakpoints/

thanks

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Ähh -

“… of making …” or “… off making …”?

Gosh - I should have paid more attention in school I guess.

Breakpoints is more about design rather than technical constraints.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Joe, Thomas,

thanks for the info.

Joe, when you say make layout flexible, i assumed i was doing this by making breakpoints in the media types section then refitting each page to fit as per the responsive video on your youtube channel.

is there another flexible way to design within freeway?

thanks

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

A simple brain challenge:

A container defined by 750px is always this width no matter which device. In this case you’d need a specific breakpoint to “reduce” the size. Theoretically you’d need to check all 4 trillion different screen sizes available.

A container defined by 75% is always fitting within a device no matter its size or manufacturer. In this case you just judge design by asking yourself: Still acceptable of a need to do something. But its content will always fit the screen (which is the sense of responsive design).

So the golden rule is:

Relative units above absolute.

And I even go one step ahead:

Relative Positioned vs. Absolute Positioned

The real underlying construction for responsive design is inflow (or relative positioned items). In Freeway aka BoxModel, I call it theGrid these days. Backdraft (it’s free) for example gives you a good impression of the principles of this Framework.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

thanks Thomas,

I’m using containers [html] defined as % instead of pixels, so they should work on any screen. is this correct?

cheers

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Naturally yes.

So the decision to make now is:

At what “size” of my page the design breaks?
And exactly THIS is your breakpoint no matter which device it is displayed on!

If the design still works, why watching on device-widths? It still works.

So my breakpoints aren’t device oriented, they are more device-range oriented or in other words:

I start with two: 1200px (Tablet) and 600px (Mobile) and the default size is 2560 (iMac 27").

In some cases I fine-tune this if required and introduce some more. Such as the:

My art directors’ breakpoint (MacBook 1435px) just to please him or even the 1680px for 21" Mac.

But literally those decisions had been made much earlier - during design.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden