Is it possible with Freeway Pro?

Are you guys really convinced of polishing carousel and Scriptaculous giving the answer to this task? Disregarding the aspect of heavy page-weights (which seriously IS to discuss), I’d more think forward rather than saddling the old horse ever and ever.

Since 2012, starting responsive and responsible design in Freeway, I’m having had to skip 99% of “functional” actions and substitute them towards more modern scripts. While most of them had been horribly to integrate that time, they work pretty neat these days. Even combined and concatenated, I’d never had serious troubles using those.

###But

and that’s the message to the OP (once again):

99.99% of successful web work is “structure”, which will mean, the best “out-of-the-box” solution is worth nothing if people do not know how to framework. Integrating a script (even by hand) is an issue of some minutes.

Back to the original request:

The full-page scroll thing was a design trend in 2014 and is this kind of “story-telling”. I am not aware if this trend is still actual, but recently, I started to tinker with. I need to renew my good friend’s Michael the Illustrator page one day - so I thought setting up a very (very) raw. It is this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8231701/cdn-digitalmedia-clients/michaelmeier/index.html

It is using fullPage.js | One Page Scroll sections Site Plugin and from the MarkUp it is to be constructed within 5 minutes (some nested and classified DIVs). What attracted me here as well was, that I can “scroll” vertical and for one slide even horizontal. I din’t make some more thoughts on it, cause it’s some work going alongside.
As said - it’s not new and as far as I remember Richard v.H. published something similar a while back (but a different script I think).

But now for the bigger question:

How long will you guys keep up the mixture of “no coding knowledge required” and “no action available”?

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: