Javascript Error on Scripty

Lately i’m getting Javascript errors by loading “SmoothScroll” and “ScriptyLazyload” on a page.

Message, followed with a JavaScript error:

The Action “SmoothScroll”, on the page “Starting Page” took so long to execute that it timed out.

The Action “com.wdstudio.scryptylazyload”, on the page “Starting Page” took so long to execute that it timed out.

What’s wrong?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

That error is actually probably a canary (in a coal mine – thanks Police!) about your network connection. If you have even a little packet loss on your network, and you can’t ping google.com, then you can see that error. Try turning off your network connection completely (Network panel in the System Preferences) and see if that causes the page to publish. That’s not the cure, but it will rule out this particular bug if it is the problem. Let me know if this works, and we can see what to do next.

Walter

PS: You can also open Terminal.app (Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app) and type the following into the command line, followed by a Return:

ping -c 500 www.google.com

You should get back a bunch of (500) lines of output, followed by a set of statistics. I didn’t want to wait, so I only did 5, but it will look like this:

--- www.google.com ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 16.054/18.079/24.923/3.427 ms

If you see anything other than EXACTLY 0.0% packet loss, then you need to contact your ISP and send them the output.

On May 31, 2016, at 9:23 AM, Jef email@hidden wrote:

Lately i’m getting Javascript errors by loading “SmoothScroll” and “ScriptyLazyload” on a page.

Message, followed with a JavaScript error:

The Action “SmoothScroll”, on the page “Starting Page” took so long to execute that it timed out.

The Action “com.wdstudio.scryptylazyload”, on the page “Starting Page” took so long to execute that it timed out.

What’s wrong?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Walt, I did the ping test, result: 0.0% packet loss.

I checkt my internet connection, I used a DNS server from Neustar.

I changed this to my own ISP (Ziggo) DNS server and the problem is solved!

Many thanks!!!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden