Links in different text boxes with the same position

Hi, I have a problem with this website: www.tabeahertzog.com
There is a “coming soon” now, but clicking on the “N” in the word “soon”, you will enter.

I have different text boxes one upon the other.
The problem now are the links. It seems that it is not possible to click on one, when it is not in the text box on the top.
Isn’t there any possibility to have different text boxes in the same position and making the links working?
I use Freeway Pro 7.
Any idea?

That would be great! Thank you a lot!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I have different text boxes one upon the other.

You may think you have text boxes but what you actually have is graphic text.

Change the text containers to Html and try again as all the current text is being converted into an image with a Map Area to define the link point.

No html text is VERY BAD for SEO.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi David,

thank you for your answer.
I know that it is graphic text. I did this for some reasons, I know the problem with the SEO.

But I tried also HTML-containers and the links were not working also with stacked HTML-boxes. First I thought the graphic boxes are the problem, but well… HTML was a problem too.

Is there a possibility working with different layers?

Thank you!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Is there a possibility working with different layers?

I am not sure why you would want to stack linked items like this. Can you explain what you are trying to achieve?

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Apparently, you’re pretty new to this board, FW and WebDesign at all (however I’m under the impression seeing this project before).

Whatsoever, some well meant things to start:

####Print is not Web

You try to mimic print. Print is static - web dynamic regarding page sizes and other things. In fact, web doesn’t know about widths and heights at all.

####A Navigation Menu

Is not a cluster of “boxes” each containing a link. It’s a cluster of links (unordered list) wrapped in a box and semantically indicated as item.

####Web is content

Without content - a website is useless. It needs to be readable for both: A visitor and a machine. The one requires a specific type size (e.g. 16px as default) - the other machine readable text.

To me personal, the problem you have is a problem that doesn’t exist in a real-world web development. But as David already meant:

“What do you really want to achieve?”

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden