Mac fix Centre

Does anyone out there have any knowledge or had dealings with the Mac Fix Centre in London? I have a very sick G5 powermac which looks like having a failing CPU or Logic board. I had a CPU replaced in March under Apple Care and am now getting the same symptoms but no longer have apple care. I am hoping to persuade the Genius at the Glasgow Apple shop that it a continuation of the same problem but am not hopeful. I contacted the Mac Fix Centre for a price for a logic board and they are offering me a very good deal on a 24" imac if I send them the G5 in part exchange. But I know nothing of this company. has anyone come across them?

regards

Neil

Actually just reread my notes of the offer and it is for a 2.16ghz 24"iMac 500gb HD and 2g ram for £500 part exchange so is this a good deal for a sick G5 dual 2.3ghz?

On 16 Oct 2008, at 15:21, Mr Neil Rowland wrote:

Does anyone out there have any knowledge or had dealings with the Mac Fix Centre in London? I have a very sick G5 powermac which looks like having a failing CPU or Logic board. I had a CPU replaced in March under Apple Care and am now getting the same symptoms but no longer have apple care. I am hoping to persuade the Genius at the Glasgow Apple shop that it a continuation of the same problem but am not hopeful. I contacted the Mac Fix Centre for a price for a logic board and they are offering me a very good deal on a 24" imac if I send them the G5 in part exchange. But I know nothing of this company. has anyone come across them?

regards

Neil