Macaw - no more!

I’m doing 2-5 projects each year, have a regular job (where design is just a small part), have one client (with several clients), am not a designer, never had any tech courses regarding web and doing my “Kimmich DigitalMedia” as a one-nose adventure behind my time!!!

So no need to argue into this direction!

All I know is, that I took “web-development” very, very serious from the very first start. Cause t’s about my clients and their visitors (billions in best case). And it’s about my name connected with the results. And wherever I sign up with “TK” it should sound like “OK”, the best I can.

If one basically starts by nil with all projects, why doing it? Quick money? Easy money? Friendly Turn?

As long as we discuss “applications”, we’ll never reach the gist of front-end development which is in my understanding:

Interaction, Communication, Authoring packed in a basic framework and flavored by some color

which can be reached with several applications. But all this have one thing in common:

Results!!!

And the results of this board are often enough close to betray, a waste of time and money for both, clients as well as “designer”.

Todd delivered a very good example:

“Removing underline from Links”

All applications have a way doing so. The better question is: Why removing it (or keeping) it. And we’ll find a nice set of arguments why keeping it or why to delete them. This is worth minding and this is a helpful discussion.

But the all-time answer on this board is: “Because client wants so”!!!

Cheers

Thomas

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: