Macaw - no more!

Having had a brief look into your parallax recently and have to admit yes - no markup there - apologize.

But in all honesty, I neither understand the construction nor the process and functionality behind so I sorted it under “Currently too dumb for this, think about it later”-folder (a pretty huge beast btw).

1. How do one control design and resources in your process?
  2. How do you get rid of the helping classes Freeway generates by default?
  3. How to get rid of all FW style-sheet references?
  4. For what purpose?

Let me pick up one of the main messages of Macaw:

“You can use Macaw with limited knowledge of HTML and CSS. However, you’ll be able to do so much more if you understand how these languages work.”

Exactly the same message is the one I’d like to hear from the towers as well. It’s simply the truth. All said.

The current FWT-audience persists of two handful people worth to support having one thing in common:
They simply don’t need support. All of them are boiling their own soup. This is damn fair, cause there are several ways skinning the cat. You adjusted Walters action, Ernie and DD as well. Me too. So five versions of one Action? Nice.

But how to support an audience that refuses the min on every understanding? Refuses the very basic needance of “construction”? Persisting on iFraming and IE6 compatibility?

So indeed I agree here as well:

Beneath the fact we require a polished FW user friendly UX thing, we need an entirely better attitude as well (a new audience - if you want so).

Let me cite theBig one, cause it excellently fits:

“Hey, let’s face facts— how responsible are we being when we ask Freeway to generate code for us when we’re not qualified to judge the results? If we’ve learned anything about the web by now, it’s that it is not only a visual medium. So, yeah… the code is important.”

Only this will make us more interesting for a wider range of front-end developers (wherever they come from).

Cheers

Thomas

BTW: I have a parallax as well. It’s one img-Tag, one class and a line of init_code.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: