mp4 playing

I am going to repost this question so that I am clear.

Thank you

I have a client that wants an mp4 to play on the site. http://www.nicoleradon.com

She would like the person to be able to open the screen to full size instead of watching it in the small box.

How can I do this? SHe mentoned something about longtail video and asked if this can be used.

How do you recomend me doing this.

Thank you all for your help. I do appreciate all your comments.

Julie


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Have a look at http://www.longtailvideo.com

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sometime around 4/2/10 (at 19:28 -0500) Julie Maxwell Allen said:

I have a client that wants an mp4 to play on the site.

I presume shoe doesn’t specifically want to play a specific format
(MP4) on the site, and is more interested in just getting it playing

  • right?

The Logtail video format is a solution for playing Flash video
content (.flv) from different places, including YouTube. You can do
this using the Freeway action for YouTube, or you can just add the
YouTube embed code to your page as a markup object.

So, first sign up to YouTube ad upload your video. Really, this’ll be
the first step to getting this sorted. :slight_smile:

k


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

As on another thread, you may find a low cost answer here:

http://www.mp4converter.net/video-converter-mac.html

Colin

On 5 Feb 2010, at 00:46, DeltaDave wrote:

Have a look at http://www.longtailvideo.com

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Keith,

Ok, I have signed up for a youTube account As you recomended -

Now that I have done that - what do I do?

Thank you again

Julie
On Feb 4, 2010, at 7:49 PM, Keith Martin wrote:

Sometime around 4/2/10 (at 19:28 -0500) Julie Maxwell Allen said:

I have a client that wants an mp4 to play on the site.

I presume shoe doesn’t specifically want to play a specific format (MP4) on the site, and is more interested in just getting it playing - right?

The Logtail video format is a solution for playing Flash video content (.flv) from different places, including YouTube. You can do this using the Freeway action for YouTube, or you can just add the YouTube embed code to your page as a markup object.

So, first sign up to YouTube ad upload your video. Really, this’ll be the first step to getting this sorted. :slight_smile:

k


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sometime around 5/2/10 (at 14:44 -0500) Julie Maxwell Allen said:

Ok, I have signed up for a youTube account As you recomended

When you’re signed in you should see an ‘Upload’ button in the
top-right of the page. Click that and follow the instructions.

When the video is uploaded it will be processed. Once that’s done
(could take 30 minutes or more), follow the instructions on the
Softpress site:

k


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

I am having left aligning all but having problems aligning the YouTube
video w the words underneath… Any suggestions?

J

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 5, 2010, at 15:01, Keith Martin email@hidden wrote:

Sometime around 5/2/10 (at 14:44 -0500) Julie Maxwell Allen said:

Ok, I have signed up for a youTube account As you recomended

When you’re signed in you should see an ‘Upload’ button in the top-
right of the page. Click that and follow the instructions.

When the video is uploaded it will be processed. Once that’s done
(could take 30 minutes or more), follow the instructions on the
Softpress site:

http://www.softpress.com/kb/questions/214/Embedding+YouTube+Videos

k


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Did you paste the YouTube code into a Div (layered item) and then did you resize that item to the dimensions that are in the code?

If you did that then you shouldn’t have a problem getting your text to display in the right place.

Your page seems to be a mish mash of table based and layered items which doesn’t help with your layout.

And what height of page do you think your visitors can display. At the moment they would need a screen 1000 high to see it all - and that is before your accordion opens! (Discounting your banner of course)

David


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I just changed the item to that in the code and checked layer
I also have CSS blue button checked off -

DO I want layer for all items or non layer?

David - what do you recommend?

Thank you so much - I have never worked w a video

J
On Feb 5, 2010, at 7:58 PM, DeltaDave wrote:

Did you paste the YouTube code into a Div (layered item) and then did you resize that item to the dimensions that are in the code?

If you did that then you shouldn’t have a problem getting your text to display in the right place.

Your page seems to be a mish mash of table based and layered items which doesn’t help with your layout.

And what height of page do you think your visitors can display. At the moment they would need a screen 1000 high to see it all - and that is before your accordion opens! (Discounting your banner of course)

David


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thank you so much! I think it all is layered now and looks good and works great!!

J
On Feb 5, 2010, at 7:58 PM, DeltaDave wrote:

Did you paste the YouTube code into a Div (layered item) and then did you resize that item to the dimensions that are in the code?

If you did that then you shouldn’t have a problem getting your text to display in the right place.

Your page seems to be a mish mash of table based and layered items which doesn’t help with your layout.

And what height of page do you think your visitors can display. At the moment they would need a screen 1000 high to see it all - and that is before your accordion opens! (Discounting your banner of course)

David


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I just changed the item to that in the code and checked layer
I also have CSS blue button checked off -

The ‘blue button’ state (on or off) only affects things that are
created subsequently. It doesn’t change things that are already on
your page. To do that, change the state of the Layer checkbox for
individual items.

DO I want layer for all items or non layer?

Actually, for now, you’ll probably find most things simpler if they
are all NOT layered. Work with that for a while. This is the easiest
way to make sure that things don’t overlap if text is resized.

k


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

…and looks good…

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

As long as Nicole likes it…

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

It is - it is all she wanted… one page simple -

Just curious - what would you do differently?

On Feb 6, 2010, at 7:28 PM, DeltaDave wrote:

…and looks good…

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

As long as Nicole likes it…

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thank you Keith

I will do that when I get home today.

J
On Feb 6, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Keith Martin wrote:

I just changed the item to that in the code and checked layer
I also have CSS blue button checked off -

The ‘blue button’ state (on or off) only affects things that are created subsequently. It doesn’t change things that are already on your page. To do that, change the state of the Layer checkbox for individual items.

DO I want layer for all items or non layer?

Actually, for now, you’ll probably find most things simpler if they are all NOT layered. Work with that for a while. This is the easiest way to make sure that things don’t overlap if text is resized.

k


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options