My website and Yosemite & FW pro 7 ?

I would like to know what you think of my website. It deals w. my time spent as a patient in the plastic surgery in Sweden and elsewhere…

Is it too much text (an English version will follow soon!)

And what do you think of my very typish newbie layout?

Do Yosemite & FW pro 7 act well together?

maxilla.nu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Website address, Arne?

Yosemite and Freeway 7 are great together.

On Oct 24, 2014, at 2:46 PM, Arne Gustafsson email@hidden wrote:

I would like to know what you think of my website. It deals w. my time spent as a patient in the plastic surgery in Sweden and elsewhere…

Is it too much text (an English version will follow soon!)

And what do you think of my very typish newbie layout?

Do Yosemite & FW pro 7 act well together?

maxilla.nu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The address to my website is maxilla.nu

I just discovered that it comes up rather ”clumpsy”, but page down to ”presentation” and you can see it all!

In the black field on page ”framtid & stöd” there is some heavy green underlining in the first txt set in italic. How can I get rid om those?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

maxilla.nu

You missed it Rick… it was hiding at the bottom :slight_smile:


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Arne,

Looking forward to the English translation. This promises to be a very interesting story, probably one that justifies a lot of text.

Layout opinion: The content is presented in a good, clean columnar manner. However, each page presents a completely different layout. Could the use of a master page make the flow from page to page a little smoother? Also, the menu jumps down on the “Ogonen” page, while the menu is at the same height on all of the other pages. On the “Framtid & Stod” page, the blue and green colors are very strong and take attention away from the attractive scenic photo. Perhaps a softer color or even a tint of the green and blue would be good. Also, how about a 50-60% gray in the “Sonsorer?” block. The black really pops out—perhaps too much???

Not certain on the green underline issue. Have you inadvertently used “Style menu…Typestyle…Word Underline” on that text?

I’ll watch chat for the English version. Hope you find my opinions helpful—you did ask, right?

Best regards,

Rick

On Oct 24, 2014, at 5:23 PM, Rick Henningsen email@hidden wrote:

Website address, Arne?

Yosemite and Freeway 7 are great together.

On Oct 24, 2014, at 2:46 PM, Arne Gustafsson email@hidden wrote:

I would like to know what you think of my website. It deals w. my time spent as a patient in the plastic surgery in Sweden and elsewhere…

Is it too much text (an English version will follow soon!)

And what do you think of my very typish newbie layout?

Do Yosemite & FW pro 7 act well together?

maxilla.nu


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Dear Rick!

Yes of course, I did ask f your opinion…! And I am so thrilled & full of enthusiasm to implement all of what you said…!

The green lines under the top lines in my black box (soon to be more greyish…!) is a reminiscent from a gren background I had at the beginning of my work.

since then , I have tried to ”wash” the green spinach away in Apples Text editor (sometimes it does work) but to no avail in this case…

Your reply serves also a good way to seat using Yosemite! Many thanks to you!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

If you download the free TextWrangler from http://barebones.com you will have a) a proper programmer’s text editor, with syntax highlighting and all the goodies one expects from the baby brother of BBEdit and b) a way to genuinely strip out all but the textual content of your source text. In Apple TextEdit, you have to switch your editor to Plain Text mode to get this effect (Format / Make Plain Text in the main menu), and you have to do that on each new text window, because it’s not the default. TextWrangler does not know of this new-fangled “rich” text format, it only knows Unicode text, without color or bold or italic.

Walter

On Oct 25, 2014, at 1:21 AM, Arne Gustafsson email@hidden wrote:

since then , I have tried to ”wash” the green spinach away in Apples Text editor (sometimes it does work) but to no avail in this case…


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I did exactly as you said; it all came out very nice…!

However I did not have any success w, the upload of the site, nor another I am also working on… Despite me turning of all other software… Very frustrating indeed!

But, many thanx to you anyway!

Cheers Arne


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Press on, Arne. A breakthrough is just around the corner.

On Oct 25, 2014, at 3:18 PM, Arne Gustafsson email@hidden wrote:

I did exactly as you said; it all came out very nice…!

However I did not have any success w, the upload of the site, nor another I am also working on… Despite me turning of all other software… Very frustrating indeed!

But, many thanx to you anyway!

Cheers Arne


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Are you watching me…? :wink: I just did have 2 successful ULS!
You should be able to see them now! maxilla.nu

So very nice when things are working!

There is only one ”oddity” of importance; on page ”Framtid & stöd?” there is a huge gap under the ”green picture and the text columns below…, i.e. when i look at it in Safari. But in FW there is no such gap…

And the text after the heading, that goes: ”Läkarna har aldrig skrivit mitt namn och FRAMTID på samma rad.” (Meaning; ”The Drs. have never wrote the word future and my name on the same line”), never sits properly on the same (!) line as the preceding, words…
I have tried every trick in the book…!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options